“Hidden Treasure”

Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Sun Dog Cafe is a great casual dining option, and home to the Gecko Gazebo, our open air bar overlooking the gracious center courtyard of Mongoose Junction. A New York Times Travel and Leisure Pick for St. John, we serve lunch daily, dinner on weekdays, and brunch on Sunday. Don't Miss the Sunday Night Jam, from 6 to pm, a great musical event with local and visiting talent. Welcome!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Love the Sun Dog Cafe. This is a great spot tucked into Mongoose Junction. It's a great place for a nice healthy lunch outside. I highly recommend the fish tacos.

Boston
“Nice find!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to St John for a long time and hadn't ever thought about stopping by this place. I'm so glad we did. We had a terrific lunch. My husband started off with a nice Bushwacker followed by jerk chicken tacos, and I had shrimp quesadillas. Everything was fresh and well presented and yummy. My quesadillas were certainly enough to share. We'll definitely be back.

Virginia
“So so nice”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We want to go back to St John for sure, it is such a great Island and this place was really nice.
We both like the friendliness of the people.

Maryland
“One of my favorites on St. John”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Only fabulous cooks could turn empty aisles in a shopping arcade into a great place to eat. I just love this place. The food is creative, fresh, and always good. The service is attentive. And the atmosphere is very unique. I will always come here on my visits to St. John.

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First food on the island and a great choice.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Laid back but well polished food with enough variety to please a family of 4. Outdoor seating in patio style umbrella tables serving up much nicer food that I had hoped.

Visited February 2013