“Small in size but this cafe stands tall in terms of service and quality”
Review of Sun Dog Cafe

Sun Dog Cafe
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Sun Dog Cafe is a great casual dining option, and home to the Gecko Gazebo, our open air bar overlooking the gracious center courtyard of Mongoose Junction. A New York Times Travel and Leisure Pick for St. John, we serve lunch daily, dinner on weekdays, and brunch on Sunday. Don't Miss the Wednesday Night Jam, from 6 to pm, a great musical event with local and visiting talent. Welcome!
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The Sun Dog Cafe is tucked away in an inconspicuous recess of the Mongoose Junction in Cruz Bay, St John, USVI. My daughter was skeptical that anyone could prepare much of anything in a kitchen small enough it might fit in some mall kiosks. The seating is all outdoors, and they have only five or so tables. However, our food was well prepared and delicious, They have a very nice lunch menu, with several tasty salads and sandwiches, among the many choices. The service also stood out; our server was attentive and enthusiastic. True, he had only five tables, but he was always right there with whatever we needed, without being intrusive.

If you need a quick break from the beaches, don't miss the inviting shops at Mongoose Junction, and take the time to enjoy a meal at the Sun Dog Cafe!

1  Thank HersheyPAtraveler

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have been to St. John many years running now. We stay 3 weeks at a time. We will definately eat lunch and drink at Sun Dog at least twice during our visit. Most everything on the menu is great and the bartenders are fun and entertaining. Our home bar is furnished with hand painted bar glasses from the Sun Dog --get some! This place is like Cheers- but different.!!!

2  Thank Yenrat
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The food is amazing, presentation is tops, service is great, what more can I say? Oh yea, this place presents a great value to those that love to dine. Your wallet won't hurt half as much as the more expensive places around Cruz Bay and you will feel like you had something special after you have dined. I hope that Sun Dog stays in business so that I can try it again next year!

2  Thank nashnikon
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Unassuming little place squeezed into Mongoose Junction. I absolutely loved my Jerk Chicken Tacos and my wife was thrilled with her White Pizza Salad. Dollar for dollar, an outstanding value for fresh, delicious food on St. John, where everything is expensive.

1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed December 16, 2011

This was our 3rd time to St John but first lunch at the Sun Dog Cafe. My husband had the puff pastry and I had Ahi tuna salad. Yum!