“Back again for lobster night - and it was great”

Morgan's Mango Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Morgan’s Mango, we try to reflect the life of the islands, a place of dazzling light and color, tropical breezes and starry nights, a relaxed and sensory experience.Joining us, to share in the culinary history of an island world crowded with so many wonderful cultures that it takes your breath way. Our food covers many Caribbean and South American cuisines—Creole, Bahamian, Cuban, Jamaican, Haitian, Puerto Rican, Argentinian and Mayan. All of these cuisines have been influenced by the original inhabitants of the islands, the Arawak and Carib Indians, as well as the Africans, East Indians and Chinese who arrived later. Add to these the foods of the Spanish, French, British and Danish settlers, and you have an incredible melting pot of ethnic and classic cuisines.Hence Cuisines of the Caribbean, a neo-Caribbean experience conveying the juice and jazz of the islands, a carnival of flavors and lifestyles.
Reviewed November 9, 2016

This was our second time going to Morgan's Mango for lobster night (we visited last year in October) and wanted to go again. Be sure to make a reservation for lobster night because it does get that crowded, even during lower season. I requested to sit by the balcony but unfortunately we were seated inside the restaurant. The hostess mentioned it because of the rain but I saw other people seated along the balcony so I wasn't sure about that.

Anyway, I had the white fish ceviche and my husband had the grilled shrimp. Both appetizers were fresh and delicious. For dinner, we both obviously had the caribbean lobster. I stayed with the regular lb. lobster and it was more then enough for me, but my husband had ordered one with an extra .25 lb. and he wound up with two halves of lobster. There was plenty of food since it is also served with beans, plantains and seasoned yellow rice. Plus you get a complimentary glass of wine with dinner which pairs well with the lobster.

Again Morgan's Mango did not disappoint and if we get a chance to return to St. John next year, we'll be sure to go for lobster night for our 3rd time.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,913)

Reviewed November 4, 2016

Morgan's Mango gave us a really nice dinner to end our honeymoon. We had the empanadas to start (delicious, but the dip was too heavy for me), followed by delicious Caribbean lobster and coconut shrimp. The bartender also treated us to excellent margaritas. Thank you!

Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

We had never had local lobster in St John so when we heard Morgan's Mango had a Saturday Lobster night we jumped on it. It was excellent. We ordered the lobster with the crab cake as we're from Maryland where crab cakes are a staple. The crab cakes were alright but the lobster was great & I'll go back but without the crab cake.
Be sure to save room for the Key Lime pie. It's was some of the best we've tasted. It had a layer of meringue on top that made it a little different & delightful.
Julie was our server & was very engaging and fun.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

St. John is one of the few remaining gems from our world travels and we try to go at least once a year. This restaurant...no words. We normally don't eat fish/shellfish etc. but everything here is brought in fresh and we have no problem enjoying everything on the menu.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed November 3, 2016

A group of 10 of us went to dinner at Morgan's Mango. We had a reservation and we were seated immediately. The server was pleasant and well versed in the menu. We have had multiple issues on St. John with servers not wanting to split our check into couples and this was brought to his attention and he had no problem keeping our orders separate. Our food and service here was excellent. My husband got the grilled lobster and I had the swordfish. The menu had so many choices I was surprised at how good ALL of the food was. The only negative thing I can say is that two of our guests were not in direct path of a fan and they were very hot during the dinner. Everything else was perfect and it was our best dinner on St. John this year. We will be back next year, Morgan's Mango!

Date of visit: October 2016