“Best dining and atmosphere”
Review of Asolare

Asolare
Reserve with OpenTable
Asolare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Cuisines: Asian, Caribbean, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Reservations suggested, and though shorts were appropriate I'm glad we wore our best with button-down shirts. This is an expensive restaurant but I felt it was the best value overall. See if you can get Hillary as your server - she's the real deal and you can trust her recommendations. Her knowledge of wine through rum (and scotch) amazed us. This place throws a lot of flavors and textures at you - it's not meat and potatoes so if your taste is basic you can find better value elsewhere. Otherwise, if you can afford $100 each with drinks this is a must-do.

There are newer reviews for Asolare

Reviewed January 27, 2014

having just returned from St JohnI have to say one of the must see places to go is Asolare. the food is always excellent. The sunset view is spectacular. Asolare is always on our to do list. The only drawback was a waiter that was a little rough around the edges. we have eaten at this establishment every year for the past 6 years. we have always had professional wait staffand this was the only bad service we have experienced. I am sure this will not happen again as the owner addressed him about his tone of voice while he was speaking to us. We will return again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I visited St. John earlier this month and stopped by Azolare after a long day of hiking and swimming. We are cocktail geeks and I have a rate bartenders and mixologists on their ability to whip up an old-fashioned. Let me just tell you: I HAD THE BEST OLD-FASHIONED OF MY LIFE HERE. Kim, Azolare's bar manager, is incredibly skilled at her craft. Not only does she invent the delicious cocktails on Azolare's menu, she immerses herself in the cocktail world and scene, sharing and trading information with other local mixologists and attending Tales of the Cocktail in NOLA. Kim was witty and generous, even smoking (!!!) the bourbon she used in my old-fashioned. Her bar is thoughtfully stocked, with an incredible and varied rum selection and all kind of syrups and liqueurs Kim has made from local flowers and plants (can you say sorrel margarita?!).
If you're in St. John and you like a great view and a great cocktail, go see Kim. She knows what she's doing and will take care of you. And you should probably order an old-fashioned.

2  Thank LC64804
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Everything about our dinner at Asolare was exceptional. We made a last minute change of plans and went without a reservation, so we had a drink in their very cool bar while they sorted it out and found us a nice table. The view, atmosphere, service and food was, as I said, exceptional.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

One of the best restaurants I have been to in a while. The food was 5 star in my opinion and the view was beyond beautiful. The bar itself was spectacular. (Never bragged on a bar before)!
If you want a balcony table with the view, go early (5:30) even with reservations! It is well worth it!!! The staff was incredible! Wish I could go every week.