“Highlight of Our Vacation”
Review of Lion In Da Sun

Lion In Da Sun
Ranked #4 of 94 Tours in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Lion In Da Sun is a "Captained Powerboat Day Charter" business in the US Virgin Islands of St. John and St. Thomas. The days activities are completely up to you and might include island hopping in the British Islands such as Jost van Dyke, Sandy Spit, Norman Island, and Virgin Gorda among many others. You can incorporate world-class snorkeling, beaches, bars, and local lunch spots. The day is completely up to you!
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highlight of Our Vacation”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Because we were novice snorkelers, we weren't sure what we wanted (or were able) to do, and we also wanted to mix in some BVI sights. We left it up to Rick to plan our day for us, and he did not disappoint! We went to the Indians, which was like swimming in an aquarium, and became hooked snorkelers! Next we ate at Norman Island, made a brief stop at Sandy Spit, and spent some time at the Caves. We ended the day at the Soggy Dollar for a drink. Rick was friendly, a pleasure to be around, and delivered exactly the experience we were hoping to have. If he suggests getting back before 4 to miss the customs rush, take him up on it! It is a madhouse, and a lengthy wait at the end of your trip (this is true for all charters and fully-loaded ferries coming from BVI). While we did not mind the wait, I heard quite a few whiners from other charters who were unhappy about the procedure!

Hi John,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write in. It means a whole lot to us to hear people speak well of their experience on our boat. It is nice also to imagine that your memories made on our boat will last for years.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friends and I had a great time with Capt. Rick! He knew exactly where we wanted to go and what we wanted to explore. I highly recommend him if you ever make it down to St. Johns!!! Thanks Capt. Rick!!!

Robert

Robert,
Thanks so much for taking the time to support 'Lion In Da Sun' !
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
“Excellent Captain and Charter”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We chartered an excursion from St. John for the day based upon a friends recommendation of Lion In Da Sun.

Captain Rick arrived promptly as promised and spent time to review the day's trip profile. We then kicked off the day of fun with a trip to The Baths, Marina Cay (lunch and snorkel), Monkey Point (snorkel), Sandy Spit (swim and exploring), White beach (Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke.

Captain Rick was great! He was accommodating and always wanted to know what else we wanted to see and what interested us. He has an honest interest in insuring he provides the best quality experience as a Charter boat captain but also as an ambassador of the USVI.

I cant speak more highly of the experience and look forward to our return to the USVI and next trip with him.

Nestor,
This thanks is over due. I am so glad to hear that the day out to Marina Cay and elsewhere still sticks out in your memory and that my efforts passed muster!
Hope to see you and Victoria again the next time you are down!
Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best day !”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the first time we have had the pleasure of spending a day on Lino in da Sun with Capt. Rick ! I was a little "worried" because your expectations are so high and your afraid you may be disappointed (we have been in the past). Well, no worries, we had a GREAT day!! Really one of the best "boat" days we have ever had ! The boat was beautiful, clean and pleanty of room for the six of us. Rick warned us that it was wavy, could be rough! But he handled that boat like a pro : )! Loved that Rick shared some history of the islands, just when you think you've heard it all, you learn something new! The guys got to snorkel, had lunch on the Willy T , a swim and a walk on Sandy Spit and a Pain Killer or two at Soggy dollar.You can not go wrong with a day on Lion In Da Sun and Capt. Rick. Thanks so much!!

Kathie,
Thanks for the words of praise. I see that you are still just about our most loyal 'Facebook' photo 'liker'! I think of you every time I post!
Rick
Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Jersey Cap'n Rick Rocks”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Rick took the family out twice during the week while we were in USVI and we had incredible snorkeling experiences at a bunch of spots including a mangrove perimeter snorkel and a killer reef at Little Lameshur. Ram's head crossing was awesome and Rick held the ship in perfect form. I highly recommend you use Lion in da Sun, the boat is cool and so is the captain.

Visited March 2013
Joty,
I've been meaning to write you back. I am glad that the trip with our boat made such a lasting impression. Your family was a joy to have out on the water for the two days. I smiled when I saw the title you gave this!!