3,078 results
All reviews cruz bay mango deli trunk bay public ferry thomas airport time share three bedroom per person ferry service kids club golf cart lime inn john resort spg points grounds are beautiful mongoose junction tennis courts
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I sent an email to Marriott and received no reply so I'm posting publicly. I recently stayed at the Westin St. John (April 29 - May 4) and was pretty dissatisfied with the service. I booked through Vistana and the reservation name was wrong. The problem with the reservation name was substantial, because they wouldn't let us check-in until it was resolved. Then they tried to give us a hotel room that was a quarter mile from the lobby/pool. It took them an hour to find another room. I used the time to speak to the concierge who booked us on a really cool snorkeling trip as an incentive to doing an owner update. Except they cancelled it because both people on the deed had to be present for the update to get an incentive. This was a time-consuming and frustrating way to begin our trip. Additionally, the entire staff seemed uninterested in providing any service. For example, I went to the deli one morning and ordered a muffin. The attendant refilled all the coffee creamers/sugars before serving me. I was the only person in there and she went out of her way to make me wait. The hotel restaurant was pathetic. The chicken tenders were the same tenders I was served at camp as a child. And you can forget about anyone bringing you a drink to your pool/beach chair. I have been an SPG gold member for years and the last two stays I've had (Sheraton Key West and Westin St John) were pathetic. High points: the room was clean and nice! The pool was clean and the location is great. I miss SPG!

3  Thank Bananamoonpie
samuelhugli, General Manager at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Bananamoonpie for bringing these matters to our attention, both negative and positive experiences. We always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival so we apologize for the mishap. We are in turn, delighted to hear you enjoyed your villa and the pool!

We have many efforts in the works that we are very excited for, I hope if you do decide to return to share these opportunities with you in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great week at Westin St John with my husband, college-age son and his girlfriend. Villa and grounds are beautiful. This was our first trip, so we had no comparable pre-hurricane. I will say they must have done a tremendous job getting this place back together, given the pictures we saw. Staff was excellent and it was a trip to remember.

Room tip: We stayed in building 23 and it was quiet and convenient
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you FarAway44775565076 for such a wonderful review!

So glad you and your party enjoyed your first visit to us here at The Westin St. John Resort Villas to the absolute fullest.

Thank you for your compliments, we sincerely hope you join us again in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After Hurricane Irma the resort is slowly getting back to it's state of excellence! The staff is courteous and extremely helpful. The beach has great sand , umbrellas, chairs and food/drinks . All in all a very good time !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Venture797525, thank you for your heartfelt review! We appreciate your kind words affirming that we are getting back to a state of excellence since our reopening.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is impossible to tell there ever was a storm inside Westin St. John Villas property. A marvelous job of recovery! Everything works properly and the atmosphere is delightful. The visit was equal to the other visits made before the storms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your 5 star review, Don M! Thank you for leaving such an incredible review on our recovery efforts at The Westin St. John Resort Villas. So important for us to hear all feedback in those regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This resort was wiped out by Hurricane Irma. They are still recovering (construction still in progress around property). Regardless, the property is beautiful, staff is very friendly and accommodating and, there are opportunities to go in to town, dine at some very good restaurants in town [only the pool bar and restaurant (Snorkels) was open during our visit], and take day-trip excursions from the Westin dock. Rent a car for at least a day to see the island and visit some of the other beautiful and well-know beaches on the island.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Tara Q for your kind words! Having friendly and attentive guest services is vitally important here at The Westin St. John Resort Villas. We are so happy to hear your experience was such a positive one and we can't thank you enough for leaving such an endorsing review.