3,079 results
All reviews cruz bay mango deli trunk bay public ferry thomas airport time share three bedroom per person ferry service kids club golf cart lime inn john resort spg points grounds are beautiful mongoose junction tennis courts
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2017

I am a 4 star Starwood elite owner never having been to this resort. I saved my points for my 50th bucket list trip. So far I am extremely disappointed in the service. Worst customer service of any Starwood resort I have been at. Huge miscommunication on the Westin ferry which has incomplete information on the website and I was told 4 different prices for the ferry with the website not telling you the price includes unlimited trips back and forth to St. Thomas and no owner pricing on either Starwood's website or the villa. So my guest and I ended up taking the Red Hook ferry for a terrible experience and price. When I arrived, I was not given my owner's package. We had to ask twice for a shuttle to be called to take us to our room and we waited for 20 minutes with another couple who was also complaining about the service. I got to my room then had to go all the way back down to meet with the concierge to get my welcome packet. I explained the ferry situation to him and he suggested I talk to to Enis, the manager. I spoke to her the next day wanting to purchase a one way ferry trip for our return home on Saturday even though I already had round trip purchased on Red Hook and I wanted them to honor the back and forth to St. Thomas with the one way ticket purchase for my inconvenience and misinformation by their staff. She checked with someone and said they could not do that. She then went and got another manager named Delmina (or something like that) who by far was the rudest from a customer service perspective for a 5 star resort I have ever encountered. My friend is with me and was intererested in ownership but she certainly will not consider them. The wifi reception is non existent at the pool which was not stated in the review of the facility. Never was approached by any poolside waiters for service always had to go to the bar ourselves. I am not sure I would return here. Service means way more to me than beautiful grounds and this place failed miserably.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 1/13/17 to 1/20/17 and had a wonderful time. Room was updated, comfortable and peaceful. Enjoyed the pool and the staff were polite and friendly.

Construction was taking place near the pool but, was only a minor inconvenience. Anyone that complains about the construction, would be the same ones complaining if that it was outdated (if no improvements were completed).

Thank you Westin St. John!

3  Thank Ken R
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

We vacationed here at Christmas time with family. Our Villa was very spacious and well stocked. The rooms were tastefully decorated. The resort provided free paddle boats, canoes, volleyballs to entertain the guests. We love the grounds, beautiful landscaping and very well lite at night. The beaches here are the best!!! Rent a jeep and explore the pristine beaches!!!

6  Thank Luv2GoOnVacation
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

This is second time in St. John and we love it. The island and Westin Resort are beautiful. However, we were unpleasantly surprised by the way Westin handled a missing item issue. We checked out at 5am and contacted the front desk a few hours later reporting two items that had been left behind at our studio. It took 4 days and multiple phone calls to speak to a security manager. He said nothing was found in the room, even though check-in time is not until late afternoon so new guests could not have entered the studio. It is clear to us that housekeeping took possession of the items. General manager declined a reimbursement so we would like to warn current and future villa owners to check their belongings daily as housekeeping theft certainly takes place at the property. Not only we are out the money, but also astonished that nothing was done about it.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank Vicky M
Mike R, General Manager at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2017

I was disappointed to read that your stay at our beautiful resort ended on a negative note. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that our Housekeeping associates take pride in the service they provide and perform their duties with honesty and integrity. In reviewing this matter I have been informed that our Director of Security followed up personally on your missing items and did respond back to you. As part of his investigation he interviewed those associates who entered your villa after your departure and also inspected our on-call items to ensure that your possessions were not mistakenly placed in our inventory. Unfortunately, after a thorough investigation we did not locate your missing items. I sincerely regret that we were unable to provide a resolution that you found satisfactory, I do hope that your missing possessions were located in your luggage upon your return home. We look forward to your next stay with us and another opportunity to provide that uplifting experience that we strive to deliver to our guests and owners.

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

If you like beautiful surroundings this is surely the right spot. Magnificent grounds, waterfall pool, kid friendly, beach/pool bar. One of my readers asked about the construction. I am here now and it is Sunday so there are no workers but the two buildings I saw under renovation did not interfere with the fun. I am sending 4 pictures: two without the construction and two with. I hope this is helpful.

3  Thank Michael K