“Peter is great!”
Review of Kro-gu

Kro-gu
Ranked #5 of 33 Shopping in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognizable, yet each piece is a truly one of a kind functioning work of art. Kro-gu Jewelers flagship store located in the Caribbean on the beautiful paradise island of St. John is internationally branding the Kro-gu Jewelry as a brand.The word "Kro-gu" is derived from the Old Slavic and means "binding" or "a band around a finger". Kro-gu is a free form and dynamic , like a sculpture. Its great variety of forms is the result of daily artisanal process , reflecting the diversity of emotions that affects the silversmithing artist. Our jewelry carries 950 mark because we use 95% of silver (and 5%of copper) instead of 92.5% (925) sterling silver. That way , we found , jewelry is easy to maintain- easier to adjust the size (higher amount of silver brings more flexibility) and easy to preserve the color . All stones are genuine.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Peter is an amazing designer, I could have left with the entire store. If you visit St. John and truly want to leave with a beautiful, unique piece you have to visit Kro-Gu. We will definitely be visiting Peter again soon!

1  Thank Susan F

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My fantastic blue topaz ring is my daily reminder of the beauty of the waters of St John. It is also the piece Peter suggested for me when I walked in the door; blue topaz is also my son's birthstone, so I felt like it was karma. I have received many compliments on the piece already. Even on the ferry ride to St Thomas! I love my purchase and hope to return to add more to my collection someday.

1  Thank Katy S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

After seeing many stores in St. Thomas, we came upon this one on our way to dinner. Peter, the owner, encouraged us to step in and take a look. He explained the uniqueness of the jewelry and different designs without pressuring us to purchase anything. He, obviously, is thoroughly familiar with his jewelry.

Since I already own multiple pieces of jewelry, I found these to be one-of-a-kind pieces which were not in my collection. After explaining my taste, Peter showed me a beautiful ring that suited me perfectly.

The jewelry is fairly priced and we plan to return next year. I asked about a pair if earrings, and he suggested I submit a design and it would be created and be waiting for me upon our return--at no obligation to buy.

Definitely recommend checking out this store.

1  Thank TONYNJANE
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Kro-Gú jewelers is by far THE best jewelry store on St John. When you see something you like/love don't wait to buy it because being one of a kind jewelry it won't be there when you return. Peter is so easy to deal with, not there to "sell" you. He wants you to love what you are going to purchase. There were so many beautiful pieces to choose from you'll have a hard time trying to decide which one you want so my advice is to buy two! Make sure you stop by and remember its one of a kind jewelry so your piece will be unique.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I vacation in St. John the 1st 2 weeks of May each year, last year while we were on island, we happened to stop at the Kro-Gu Jewlers. My wife found 2 very unique pieces of jewelery and was lamenting over which one she should buy, They were both very unique, one of a kind and after a little arm twisting, I convinced my wife to buy them both! We look forward to our visit this year and I'm sure it will have a visit to Kro-Gu Jewlers! Great quality, unique jewelery! A must see if your on St. John!