“Best Tour Selection of Allure of the Seas / St. Thomas visit !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cruise Ship Excursions - Champagne Catamaran

Ranked #12 of 93 Tours in St. John
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Get ready to experience the beauty and laid back rhythm of the Virgin Islands on this exclusive half-day sail from St. Thomas to the enchanted Island of St. John. Enjoy the thrill and excitement of sailing the Caribbean before swimming, snorkeling and relaxing on "Honeymoon Beach," one of St. John's picture-perfect palm-fringed white sand beaches. As you make the down wind return sail to St. Thomas take the wheel and learn the ropes, or just reflect on a perfect day as our crew spoils you with complimentary champagne, beer, rum punch, and cheese & fruit platters.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best Tour Selection of Allure of the Seas / St. Thomas visit !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Tour was in my opinion the best of the two tours we did during our recent Allure of the Seas cruise. The opportunity to snorkel with the Sea Turtles was very humbling and exciting. The tour staff was very informative, service oriented and made sure everyone had a great time. *****

St. John's, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Vacation High Point”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The 10 of us (ranging in age from 11 to 47) booked this excursion through the Carnival Dream on July 2. It was one of the high points of our cruise vacation. Not sure where to start. The sail boat was amazing and you could not ask for a better crew (Captain Eddie, Gavin and Lauren - hope I got everybody's name right). They were helpful, friendly, fun, competent, informative and safety conscious. They know how to operate the vessel and keep their guests safe. The sailing was wonderful and the snorkelling was fun. Wished I could have stayed on honeymoon beach longer but had to get back to the cruise ship.

The entire experience was fun for all members of our group. The waters off Honeymoon beach were suitable for all skill levels from my competitive swimming daughter to my wife who hates to get her face wet. On the trip back there was great music and the rum punch was flowing. All of the people (kids and adults) seemed to enjoy themselves and the snacks.

If you are looking for hardcore snorkelling this is not what you are looking for. However, if you are looking to enjoy a sailing adventure in Caribbean waters and get a chance to paddle around in the water and see fish and turtles and rays this is the adventure for your family.

1 Thank nlguy65
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day on Adventuress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our party of four booked this excursion through Carnival Dream on July 16 and experienced an exciting trip to St John's aboard the Adventuress. The crew was very helpful and entertaining. Snorkeling was what we expected and the beach was beautiful. We saw a sea turtle on surface and multiple colorful fish around the boat. The most exciting was the "friendly barracuda" that I encountered face to face when boarding boat! The rum punch and snacks was refreshing and up to par for a short excursion on the water. Thank you to the crew for an exciting time while visiting St Thomas!

4 Thank Karen R
Orlando, Florida, United States
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A catamaran sail to St John from St Thomas was not worth the time or money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I would not waste your time with this excursion. The staff was poor and the equipment was worse. We sailed to St John to snorkel. They took us to Honeymoon beach and the snorkeling is only fair to poor in this area. The return trip was advertised as being food and drinks included. The food was slices of bread, grocery store cu bites of cheese and slices oranges. That's not food in my book! The champagne was the cheapest that can be purchased too. Oh and did I mention? My snorkeling equipment broke while in the water! We've been on many snorkeling trips through the years and this was the worst! Don't waste your time!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Debbie C
wakeman,ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Big Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Maybe we were on the wrong catamaran as we didn't have the same wonderful experience the other reviewers had. That is one reason I booked this excursion based on the reviews. Three boats went out the day we went. Our crew was 3 twenty -somethings, 2 women & 1 guy, I think his name was Garron? They treated this excursion as a "booze cruise" & blasted loud music.
We wanted a nice, relaxing cruise, The people with us on the boat ranged in age from 9- 70's so they weren't your typical booze cruisers. Nor would a booze cruiser pay this much for an excursion. The constant yelling "are you having fun?" & hints for tips was really annoying. we just wanted off. They had no bottled water only water from a thermos cooler. Bottled water is cheap. Cut back on the booze & buy some. They offered pop by the glass from liters that were mostly flat tasting. The food offered was unappetizing & there was little of it. My husband has sailed for many years & he was more disappointed than I was. We were hoping this excursion would be a highlight of our trip. Not so! It was very expensive & I wish I could get a refund!

Visited June 2013