“buy from here”
Review of Bamboo Studio

Bamboo Studio
Ranked #1 of 33 Shopping in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Bamboo Studio creates beautiful hook bracelets and personalized jewelry made by our talented artists right here on St. John, USVI. Our jewelry is hand-crafted from solid sterling silver and 14 karat gold. We also carry handmade jewelry made from larimar, coral and Swarovski crystal pieces.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been to St. John a few times, I always regret not buying from here. I finally made the purchase! Of course, it wasn't in stock. So they shipped it to me. It arrived and I love my bracelet. Fits perfectly!

1  Thank WCfoodlover
BambooStudio, Owner at Bamboo Studio, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

I am so happy that you were able to visit our store! Thank you for the compliments, and I hope you enjoy your bracelet and charm, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Found a lovely little shop in St John at the Wharf-Side Village called the Bamboo Studio. Its a several minute walk from the ferry slip for St Thomas. They specialize in unique hand made jewelry and I believe have the best selection of "hook bracelets" in the USVI. The staff is extremely knowledgeable & very low key ( no sales pressure at all ); and will spend as much time as necessary detailing their merchandise and explaining the significance of the design. They also offer custom engraved charms / pendants that have a classic military flare. After looking a several dozen pieces, my daughter came away with a lovely silver hook bracelet with a matted finish & gold accent that she absolutely loves. When we looked for similar items back in St Thomas, we could not find anything that had the same quality, design flare, and price as those found at Bamboo Studio in St John.

1  Thank JoeG_52
BambooStudio, Owner at Bamboo Studio, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Thank you for the compliments on our jewelry, and thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

While we waited for the ferry ride back to St. Thomas, we wandered through the Wharfside Village and stumbled upon this great little shop. My wife selected a very nice 'hook bracelet' that quickly became one of her favorite peices of jewelry - she now wears it everywhere! They have a quaint little studio where all the jewelry is hand made, with a viewing window to watch them work. The staff were very informative and helpful without being pushy. It was a grwt shopping experience. We'll be back again on our next trip!

1  Thank Russ_Riddell

So glad to hear you had a great shopping experience, we hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Came upon Bamboo last night on my way to the Waterfront Bistro for dinner. So glad I did! The 3 ladies working were so kind and helpful. I am always fascinated on learning people's adventures of leaving the states to live on St. John's. So it was so refreshing when they shared thier stories with me when I asked. I purchased a simple "free form island pendant" and am so pleased! When I returned home today, my daughters kept telling me how much they loved my "circle" necklace. I wish I had time to go back to the store but I may purchase earings to match online instead. So glad to have this option! And I think it is fabulous that they use recycled metals! Thank you again!

1  Thank Brigid D

So happy to hear you are pleased with your pendant, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Many vacation locations (including St. John) have jewelry at great prices. So if you like gems, diamonds, sapphires, and the like, you will find great vaule here. However for single-female-me, I am buying jewelry primarily for myself. Translation: Even a $1000 diamond ring for 1/2 that price is still about $400 more than I will spend on myself. At Bamboo Studio, I loved every piece of jewelry better than the one before! The pieces were handmade; some created for tourists, some spiritual. During the week that I was there, I shopped there 4 times. I saw something different every time I did! Finally selected 2 necklaces and my most recent "fav" bracelet: multi strands of brown pearl beads held together with a crocheted lace and button closure. Everyone wants to know where I got it; I say bamboo on St. John and their response is, "yea, bet it cost a fortune!" The best part? it was $9.00!

1  Thank melodymillar

Thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon!