Treetops
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$475
$395
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$209
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$196
  • Breakfast included
$245
$238
No availability for your dates from our partners
Caneel Bay Resort(Caneel Bay)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscaptain's quarterspot luckwonderful hostsfish bayoutdoor showercaptain hankeach morningtree frogscruz baywonderful conversationkaren's breakfastspeaceful locationwonderful bed and breakfastlistening to the birdsshort driveother guestsday bed
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My second stay at Treetops was a solo trip. I stayed in the Bunkhouse, which worked out nicely for me being by myself. Karen was away this time, but Hank took great care of me! They were flexible with letting me do a quick two-night stay and I even got an afternoon adventure on the new Pot Luck! I highly recommend a day or afternoon on Hank's boat. He took the group to some fantastic snorkeling spots and the company could not have been better.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the Bunkhouse and the First Mate's rooms. The Bunkhouse is tucked in under the house, so does not have a lot of natural light, but it is spacious and convenient for a single traveler. The First Mate's room is airy and has a deck area just outside the door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kevin2710
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 2 weeks in the USVI, including 3 nights at Treetops, and we wish we could have stayed longer. The First Mate's Quarters was cute and comfortable. Although not air conditioned, the screened windows and fans kept us cool at night and allowed us to enjoy the songs of the tree frogs and to watch the lightening storms at night. The room and patio were very private, and the fridge, microwave, and snacks provided everything we needed. We enjoyed being able to borrow beach chairs and coolers for Trunk Bay. Hank was a great host over breakfast, and we would have listened to his stories all day. He gave us great tips on post office, where to park and leave luggage, and a great deli for picnic food. You definitely need to rent a car to get here, which increases the cost of the stay, but it also provides freedom to explore the beautiful beaches and hiking trails around the island. My husband found the roads fun to drive, but I have to admit, I found them a bit harrowing (on the whole island, not just near the B&B.). I'm already trying to figure out when I can return to St John!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoulderBaehres
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Could not ask for more in the way of beauty, peaceful and restful surroundings, or gracious, remarkable hosts. From glorious mornings and breakfasts with great conversation, to excellent beach and restaurant suggestions, Karen and Hank are sensitive to their guests privacy needs while giving great travel advice.
St. John is a wonderful vacation spot, but Treetops makes it personal and special. Loved the outdoor shower, breeze at night, glorious mountain views and full moon over Fish Bay. Will be back before long.

Room Tip: Any room is a good one. Walking the hills was better than any indoor fitness center could possibly be.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a fantastic place to stay. Karen and Hank are so friendly and helpful. Their reviews of local restaurants and snorkeling were wonderful. We were able to unplug and relax on their porch.

Taking "Potluck" out to Hank's secret snorkeling locations afforded us the opportunity to see different marine life (sharks) than we were able to see from locations accessible from shore. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZeekIndianapolis
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 8 nights in April, 2013. Karen made us feel very much at home in her little B&B. Treetops was just the place for us to relax and enjoy the birds, tree frogs and the sounds of nature at night. Our room, The Captain's Quarters, had two air conditioners but we never used them, preferring to leave the windows open to hear the frogs and other critters at night.

Karen was a great source of information for our daily adventures and also provided coolers, beach chairs, big towels, a bird ID book, guide books, and maps for our use. All that in addition to very nice breakfasts that always included fresh fruit, juice, coffee, baked goods and friendly conversation. The breakfast room is also a great place to watch birds (bananaquits, pearly-eyed thrashers, hummingbirds) in the morning.

It takes 10-15 minutes of time to drive the rental jeep from Cruz Bay to Treetops. Driving on St. John takes a little getting used to. Between the steep hills, narrow roads, and left-lane orientation, it is not what I'm used to... Even so, after a couple days, we were quite comfortable getting around the island and making the trip from Treetops to Cruz Bay and back, even after dark. It was worth the drive to get out of the noise and bustle of Cruz Bay and into the sounds of nature at Treetops.

• Stayed: April 2013