“Didn't think it was possible to be more relaxed than sitting on the beach in St. John... Then we found this spa”
Review of Drift Away Day Spa

Drift Away Day Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Spas & Wellness in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Drift Away Day Spa invites you to immerse yourself in our serene oasis. A blend of experienced professionals and modern luxury, Drift Away is St. John's premiere day spa! We offer individualized massage therapy, luxurious body treatments, rejuvenating facials, deluxe manicures, pedicures, and wedding services. The location is perfect for special events and bridal showers. Come spend a few leisurely hours at Drift Away or have us create a spa within your private accommodation. Voted: Best Massage 2014, Best Massage Therapist 2014,Best Massage 2013,Best Spa 2013, Best Spa 2012, Best Massage 2012, and Best Massage 2011 by The Virgin Islands Daily News.
York, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I suggested that we just go to the spa at the Westin (where we are staying), but after reading some trip advisor reviews, we (Jes) opted to go to Drift Away Day spa for our couples massage. We were a little concerned because we had a day-boat trip booked for a trip to Jost van Dyke (which I read could go a little late). Our massage was confirmed the day before. Our boat trip did go a little late due to a longer than planned boat line at US customs, but I called the spa and even though we were their last appt for the day, they waited for us. We were about 30 minutes late and the masseuses took care of us for the full hour massage, stayed late, and were extremely nice to us (I would have been pissed if i were them!).
The price: it seemed lower price than we are used to so I asked if the price was per person or for the couple! It was for the couple, added bonus!
The atmosphere: despite the exterior (must go around back) the interior was very new-looking and well decorated. It smelled great and they welcomed us with these amazing coconut tarts and fresh glasses of water.
The massage: Jes had Dana and I had Megan. We normally get massages and we were thoroughly impressed with our treatment! It was so relaxing, enjoyable, and just the right pressure! I unfortunately was too relaxed and might have nodded out for a minute, but Megan really broke up my knots. Jes said "Dana was top notch and knew exactly what was needed for my troubled areas, and was also very friendly and sweet." After the massages, we used the facilities to shower, and Dana suggested cool snorkeling spots, great restaurants, and must do's during our stay. We will definitely be coming back!

Visited November 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Massage!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I needed a massage so badly when we were on vacation, we had tried the resort the year before but were disappointed. So on a locals recommendation we gave Drift Away a shot. We were so pleased!!! Very peaceful, friendly people and an excellent 90 minute massage. We will be returning to Drift Away on out next trip!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jennifer S
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Elegantly Pampered”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Excellent professional service combined with a friendly approach and an elegant ambience made my experience at Drift Away Spa most enjoyable.
Definitely a wonderful way to be taken good care of and I look forward to returning again soon.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ClaudiaM959
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drift Away at this St. John day spa”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had excellent service and massages at Drift Away Spa. The massage therapists listened to our needs and were just wonderful. Location was just outside of Westin resort, and we could easily have walked there, although there's parking available. Very relaxing and accommodating.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tricia F
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great staff, great facility”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

the staff here is great and the faclities were fantastic, this is the 3rd time that we have been, here and most trips we go to the spa more than once during our stay.
they know how to address your needs and do a great job

Visited July 2012