“Wonderful”

Serene Island View Pool
Master Bath
Polished Coral Shower in Master Bath
Master Suite With Four Poster Mahogany King
SeaStar bedroom with twin beds, which may also be made as a king
Parrot Room with Queen Bed
Bamboo Suite, the lower level of Guest House
Orchid Suite, Upper Level of Guest House
Walkway to Coral Cottage
Coral Cottage With Kitchenette
Island Views from Cottage
Listen to the Stirring of the Palms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LUVSNL
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Property, but challenges with manager”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 for a stay in January 2011
people found this review helpful

We rented this property for what I thought would be a dream come true for me and a select few of my wedding guests. The view, layout, architecture, decorum, everything was even better than what I imagined. The only challenges we faced were with the pool not staying filled and there was some sort of contractor or repair person on the property at least 3 out of the 7 days we stayed there. No sweat, we didn't make a big deal out of it because overall we had a great time, until...

...we returned home in anticpation of getting our security deposit back and the owner managed to nitpick us out of 90% of our $$. =:-O We're talking minor stains from eating dinner on the table cloth (isn't that what you're supposed to do on a table cloth?), to inoperable TV/DVD system (which was buggy from day 1--we just figured we lacked the technical expertise to figure it out), to a couple chairs and tables not in the exact spot where they were originally. The only justified infraction was for smoking in a room by one of my guests (shameful, I know). But everything else was just really petty, especially considering this was my wedding and we brushed off so many inconveniences by random visits from strange men (contractors/repair guys) over the course of days when many female guests were scantily clad around the pool--inappropriate.

As I bride who paid for her own wedding out of pocket (no family help), I was really hurt & disappointed. It was just a bad ending to what would have been an almost perfect wedding villa rental. We got some of the money back, but not all--it was really the principal of the matter moreso than the $$. I understand the travel industry gets hit the hardest in times of recession and often times property owners have to make up expenses any way they know how, but great customer service goes a looooooong way.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Breathtaking Views
Liked least: Presence of workers, Security deposit fiasco
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NY
Reviewed August 31, 2011 for a stay in April 2011
people found this review helpful

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Jun 19, 2015
Hi Stephen!
We are so sorry we are just now responding to your review, we are just now learning we can respond to reviews. We love that you enjoyed Chateau Margot and it was a place you could join together families for such a lovely time! We hope to host you again soon and until then, please follow us on insta and FB to keep St. John in your thoughts!
Have a lovely day!
Kshinn200...
Greencastle, Indiana
“Breath Taking Views”
Reviewed May 24, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

The home was beautiful and very accommodating to a party of 12 people (6 couples) who were there to witness the union of a beautiful marriage. It was very spacious and open and exceeded our expectations for amenities. We were able to hold a small dinner party there for 12 in the dinning room which provided ample room to seat and serve everyone. The kitchen is just as beautiful as it looks in the photos and was well stocked with quality cookware. Overall, the pictures on the website truly reflect the beauty of the property and home with the exception of the pool which is much smaller then what it appears to be in the photo yet it was still very nice. The driveway is a little difficult to maneuver in but anyone visiting St. John will find this to be true for allot of driveways and a 4 wheel drive vehicle is a must. We would definitely recommend this villa to family and friends.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Jun 19, 2015
Hi KShinn2000,
We are so thankful that you enjoyed the views and that our description of Chateau Margot did not let you down! Do please forgive our incredibly delayed response to your review, as we were unaware we could respond! Please do know Chateau Margot has only improved in its beauty, every September we do work on the villa and have improved the grounds as well. I am sorry that the pool was a little smaller than you and anticipated, and I don't know if we listed the dimensions of the pool then, but on our new website (check it out!!!) the dimensions are prominently listed. We would love to have you back down and we hope to hear from you soon! Until then, please follow us on FB and Insta to keep our lovely rock in your thoughts! Have a wonderful day!
delaware
Reviewed March 22, 2010 for a stay in January 2010

Liked best: House fully equiped
Liked least: No pool heater
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Ms
Reviewed July 3, 2009 for a stay in April 2009

Liked best: Luxury villa
Liked least: Challenging drive to get there
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
IL
Reviewed June 23, 2009 for a stay in February 2008
person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Other
Your age range 45-54
Families with teenagers Large groups
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing