“These guys are our kinda people”

Hidden Reef Eco-Tours
Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“These guys are our kinda people”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Although my husband and I felt comfortable renting our own equipment and going out to explore on our own, we decided that we wanted to learn more about all the new and interesting plants and critters on this island with a guided tour. It was a wise decision - these guys are knowledgable and excited about their beautiful paradise home and love to share it with visitors. Highly recommended!

New York
“Best part of our St John vacation”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My family attended a wedding on St.John. The groom arranged a three hour snorkeling/kayaking trip with Hidden Reef Eco Tours.

What a GREAT trip. Getting away from the hotel and seeing the east-end of St. John was terrific. But the real treat was snorkeling right out of a kayak. We could have never snorkeled the "hidden reefs" without these specialized boats.

The guides were real pros. The underwater scenery is so much better than at the hotel. My kids can't stop talking about it.

Next time I want to try the "moon light" paddle.

Charlotte, NC
“4-hour kayak/snorkel trip was the best part of our stay in St. John.”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We were lucky to have a naturalist as well as the owner of the company guide us on our Eco-Tour of the North end of the island. They were both very friendly and down-to-earth. I learned about and saw more spectacular sea life and coral than on any previous snorkeling or diving trip I've ever been on. (I've been diving/ snorkeling for 20+ years).

Our group was nice and small. There were 6 of us, plus the 2 guides. The kayaks were top quality too.

I highly recommend anyone staying in St. John, or just visiting for the day, to book a trip with these guys. We had a blast.

cgraefey
“Fantastic 1/2 Day Fun and Educational Journey”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My husband and I along with another couple did a 1/2 day trip with Hidden Reef: cannot say enough good things about these guys. Even though we consider ourselves "expert" snorkelers, we learned many new things about the underwater world we've been gazing at over the years. Our guides were knowledgeable, funny, personable and felt like friends at the end of the trip. Price was VERY reasonable given that all equipment was provided. I'm certain the full-day excursions are great as well.

Surfside Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Highlight of our vacation.”
Reviewed November 7, 2009

My family took the full day expedition tour with lunch and it was the best part of our whole vacation. Our guide Walt started us out with a kayaking orientation (helpful since we had no prior experience). He then guided us to reef areas where we could snorkel and dive and take lots of pictures. He gave us information on the ecosystem of the reefs which fascinated our children. It was a fun and relaxing day that we all enjoyed. JKC, Myrtle Beach, SC.

1 Thank makojd