“Cool place to check out”
Review of Vie's Snack Shack - CLOSED

Vie's Snack Shack
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are open Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10:00 am - 5:00 pmClosed Sundays and Mondays
Memphis, Tennessee
“Cool place to check out”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been going here for years. Last time I thought the food quality was a little down. However, we always enjoy hanging out at the private beach. We always have to make at least one trip out to the East End. Everyone working there is always nice.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank nevels2000

Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had the garlic chicken with rice and beans and a johnny cake. My fiancee had conch fritters and everything was delicious. In fact, I think it was the best chicken I have ever had. But please be PATIENT, Vie cooks everything herself and fresh. Don't be the New Yorkers we saw getting all pissed off and rude when their massive order took awhile. Sit back and relax, they will call your number when your food is ready, if they haven't called your number then it isn't ready yet. Very simple concept that people from New England don't seem to understand.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Luke P
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Local flavor and hospitality - a great lunch!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After snorkeling all morning at Hansen and Haulover, this was a perfect place for lunch. We had actually packed a lunch, but decided to forego it for Conch Fritters and Garlic Chicken. I thought these were the best Conch Fritters -- much more fritter like than the more bready hush puppy style at some other places. The garlic chicken is really flavorful (my husband and I shared a plate which probably was a good idea given the strong garlic). The chicken is lightly battered and fried. The cold beers were refreshing. We topped it all off with a couple of slices of "pie" that has a thick crust and upper lattice style crust with a thin layer of filling. The pie was a little dry for my taste, but is the style of the island.

This is a casual place, you order at the window, pick up your food when you are called and pay when you are done. All the seating is outside, under the shade of a large tree with an orchid growing in at a notch in a branch. There are bird feeders in the gardens behind the restaurant and lots of beautiful birds flitted in for a snack as well.

The layout of the place encourages conversations with other patrons if you like, which was helpful in finding out about conditions at other nearby beaches. This was a perfect lunch and we loved the real local flavor of it all and a really good value.

• Visited December 2012
Connecticut
“Overrated in my opinion - I don't get the buzz about this place.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Vie's is way out on the east end. You would be crazy to drive all the way out there just for the food in my humble opinion. But if your travels take you to the east end, it's basically the only place to eat. I like the rice and spicy ground beef dish. The fried conch is a little doughy. If you arrive there when it's busy, it can be a long wait to get your food.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank TigerFord7571
Inland Northwest, Us
“Garlic Chicken and Johnny Cakes”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Worth the ride over just for the food. But for $2.50 a person you can swim and snorkel's from Vie's private beach. Clean restroom facilities, lots of shade, beach chairs and friendly people! Great place to relax.

Visited December 2012