“Great BBQ joint.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uncle Joe's Barbecue

Uncle Joe's Barbecue
Ranked #40 of 125 Restaurants in St. John
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great BBQ joint.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Nothing fancy, just very good chicken and ribs. You order from the counter and have a beer while you wait, or two. No view or service to speak of...just the food.

Iowa
“Great value and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

After taking on our first full happy hour in beautiful St John we decided to go to Uncle Joe's BBQ. We are a family with two teenagers and split meals. It was very good with large portions of chicken and ribs with also good size portions of sides. My daughter that isn't a huge BBQ fan also loved it!

Hampton Roads, VA
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great food and great value. The combo platter of chicken and ribs is reasonably priced at $13 and is enough for 2.

Visited July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The Best BBQ Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Delicious BBQ always :) Love the chicken and ribs. Sides are great too--especially rice and beans

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“Good food, bad service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

First, let me disclose this: I am an asian and I love asian food but unfortunately the authentic asian restaurants are notorious for bad service. That being said, I have a pretty high tolerance for bad service if the food is worth it.
The food is good at this place but not to the point where I can completely overlook the bad service especially when I am on vacation. I get a sense that the people who work there really don't like tourists. Why? This island depends heavenly on toutism. And, my husband and I are not the typical rude and demanding type tourist.
Now, onto the food. We ordered 1 BBQ chicken and 1 BBQ ribs with 2 sided each. The meat were delicious and I would recommend the rice & beans as a side dish. In fact, that's the only side I really liked.
The plate is about $12-$15 each. They don't give you a bill, they just tell you how much you owe them. What they don't tell you is that they added in gratuity ($2 per person), which I thought was pretty sneaky. All in all, pretty good bang for your buck, considering that this is the Caribbean.
If you are in the mood for some good BBQ but don't want to dealing with their bad service then I would recommend ordering it as a take out.

• 3 of 5 bubbles