“Great Island Food!”

Ranked #35 of 123 Restaurants in St. John
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2010

The friendliest staff on the island and great food to boot. Excellent drinks, and did I mention they have the friendliest staff on the island?

There are newer reviews for Shipwreck Landing

Reviewed April 26, 2010

This is a fun place to eat in Coral Bay. My husband had the Mahi Mahi twice and said it was fabulous. I had the blackened chicken Greek salad both times because 1) I don't eat fish, and it was delicious the first time... second time was just as good. The prices are decent. It has a rum bar, and has drink specials, which were tasty. The first time we were we were getting bit by mosquitoes, so bring bug spray just in case. The second time though, we brought bug spray and didn't have any problem with the mosquitoes. There are a few stray cats around who will sit by your table looking for scraps. They don't beg, they just sit there, and I never once saw them on the tables. The service was great, and even remembered to answer a question my husband had from the first visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Pretty good restaurant located in or near Coral Bay. There's occasionally a live band playing while you eat which can make for an exciting, but loud, dinner. There's the resident cats, as at most places in St John, that frequent the restaurant.
I had the steak, which was only decent, and my wife had the blackened fish, which she says was pretty good.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

This year's trip we did more of our own cooking. But still managed to make it over from the other side of the island to enjoy a yummy cocktail one night and to enjoy a dinner with great cocktails another night. Friendly staff, always accommodating. We are by no means "insiders" yet we always feel welcomed here.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

If you like grouper in a delicious batter I would highly recommend stopping by Shipwreck. We love grouper but it is hard to come by fresh in MD. I had seen it recommended in reviews here on tripadvisor so we tried it on a trip to St. John earlier this week. We got takeout since we had such a beautiful view from our villa deck. We thought the grouper was outstanding and it was a huge portion. The steak fries were OK but probably would have been better before the ride home in the Jeep. We liked it so much we went back a second time in our one week on island. This time I substituted cole slaw (also very good) for the chips. The leftover fries made great hash browns for breakfast the next morning too! The cost was $14 per order and we thought it was a great buy - less than what we would pay at home. Enjoy!