“Love the Vibe”

Ranked #34 of 118 Restaurants in St. John
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed in Chocolate Hole, which was very nice. Next trip, I plan to stay in Coral Bay. The Shipwreck Landing is going to be my hang out. I love that place! Couldn't get enough of the conch fritters. Everyone is so nice. Service was great. Love the drinks.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Though many don't go because it is not in the center of Cruz Bay - take the trip out to Coral Bay and have a drink with the locals!
Great menu and specials
Excellent music
Nice bartenders
Cooling refreshing breeze from the bay!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Shipwreck was pretty good. The specials of the night seemed like the best option. My food was amazing, but others in my group weren't as enthused. I got shrimp with spicy soy sauce and rice cakes. The rice cakes were something new and tasty, and the sauce on the shrimp was very good. This place is a little pricey, but so is everywhere else in St. John. $23-25 for most entrees.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have been going to Shipwerck and to Saint John for 25 years for their conch fritters which are out of this world when they have them.

This year we went and they did not have them. Not once, not twice but three times. Man I tell you I was so P.O.'d. The other food is not so good either Greasy Grouper, deep fried seafood platter which was frozen... Huh? Island? fresh? What the heck and the prices are outrageous. The drinks are watered down even the soda FLAT! and the prices are as if they were top shelf.

Well, if you like to share your dinner with some blood thirsty Mosquitoes and the neighborhood cat who roams around your feet while your eating, than this is the place.

Other wise there are so many more places you can go to enjoy a nice cool drink and a lovely sunset without being eaten alive. When I find it I will tell you all. And Yes, I am discerning and particular. My money my time. Right? Cha Ching!

Just seems to be the island has dropped 20 to 30 points since last yea for some reason. Thanks Teothegreat, NJ

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stopped in for our first dinner on the island. We both had the fish and chips which were great. Service was better than a lot of restaurants in St. John. Great atmosphere as well. No trouble with bugs and a nice breeze kept us comfortable.