“Excellent Pizza Neat Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Roma

Cafe Roma
Ranked #47 of 121 Restaurants in St. John
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe Roma has served St. John since 1981. The restaurant has been voted "BEST ITALIAN CUISINE" in the US Virgin Islands, seven years in a row. Cafe Roma serves delicious Italian Trattoria-style cuisine with an extensive menu, full bar and has a vast selection of wines. Offering in-house specials and traditional recipes. Vegetarian, seafood, veal, chicken, pizza, salad, and pasta selections are all freshly prepared. Sit back and relax in an casual air-conditioned cafe setting with a heavenly mural.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Pizza Neat Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have picked up Pizza at Cafe Roma on several of our previous trips to the Island but had never actually eaten there until this past trip.

First, It is a very small dining area. Probably doesnt seat over 25 people. You have to get there before the dinner crowd hits if you want to eat there.

Pizza is very very good. Warning unless you are someone with a huge appetite - split the 9" with someone. The big 16" pizzas are only available as take out. I have never had the pasta dishes but some arround us did and no one was able to finish over half them and everyone thought they were very good. Lots of baked pasta. Given the typical price of food on St. John, this place is a bargain.

I have to say service was some of the best I had experienced on St. John. It is not uncommon on island to have a less than attentive waiter but WOW our experience at Cafe Roma was uncommon. Our waitress was on the spot with water and drink replacements before we knew it. We had been at the beach all day and the water was welcomed (as were the Peroni's).

This place has definitly become a must hit on our trips.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank bsmiley

Tallahassee, FL
“Large portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a group of nine and they sat us immediately. Very large portions but they were delicious, will visit again!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank wakesnow27
Kernersville, North Carolina
“"Excellent...the Best Spaghetti dinner EVER!!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I were on vacation to St. John in May, 2012 and had eaten at various seafood restaurants and were really craving some Italian food...especially spaghetti and found this restaurant listed in our villa information. We called for directions and glad we did!!!
We found this lovely restaurant above another restaurant and stairs leading upstairs to it. We were seated at a small table by the window overlooking the street below busy with all the cars and people walking around. The room had bright colors and a warm, charming atmosphere to it. We first ordered a Painkiller drink, which we had become to like since trying it this week on St John. It was delicious and refreshing. The wait staff was exceptionally friendly and asked about our visit and where we were from. He could detect our Southern drawl. (Actually, from North Carolina!)
We ordered the salad with ranch dressing that was served cold and appetizing. Next we ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce and one with meat balls! The spaghetti was absolutely "out of this world" because it had a little bit of a bite to it and sweet in the same taste. The bread that accompanied the meal was soft, warm and very good! It was quite a plateful of spaghetti and were unable to eat any dessert. Had I known in advance that they had bread pudding, I would have or should have got some to go! Our mistake this time but rest assured, this was not and will not be our last trip to St. John and NEXT TIME, we will eat here several times...you can count on it!! Absolutely the BEST spaghetti we have EVER eaten!!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank CarolinaNurse323
“My favorite St. John restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

On my first trip to St. John in 2010, this restaurant came highly recommended by the locals, so my family and I gave it a try and fell in love. So, it was first on my list for my most recent trip and it did not disappoint! It was just as fabulous as I remembered. The calamari is the best I've ever had and the seafood manicotti is awesome. Cafe Roma will be at the top of my list for every trip that I make to St. John.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank samiley
Annandale, Virginia
“So good we came back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is NOT the red-and-white checked tablecloth variety italian restaurant, with laminated menus. The food is excellent -- this place could hold its own among the top restaurants in any major city. Very friendly staff, and great ambiance. Very relaxing, and most delicious. Between the four of us, over two vistis, we sampled a lot of the menu. All was great, and we left wondering what we missed. Ah well, there's always our next visit to St. John....

Visited June 2012