“Inexpensive (by St. John standards) Breakfast Spot In Cruz Bay”
Review of Baked in the Sun

Baked in the Sun
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in St. John
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I popped into Baked in the Sun twice during my stay in St. John. The first time we ordered coffees. Baked in the Sun was bustling- coffee is self serve so it didn't take that long to be handed a cup. The second time, we got coffees and bagels/sticky buns. The bagel was so-so. Almost stale, but not quite. The sticky bun, however, was not bad, and I'd order it again. We ordered the bagel toasted- the bagel was brought to our table, but not too quickly. As you will discover, food in Cruz Bay is much more expensive than on the mainland United States. Baked in the Sun was not the best, but not terrible, but a cheaper place to purchase a quick coffee.

1  Thank lhaganmich

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The sooner you discover this little Gem the happier you will be. Healthy, priced right, selection, friendly service, a hip scene to hang and people watch. Breakfast and lunch items eat in or take out with parking right at the door. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I called from the states one afternoon to inquire about having a wedding cake made by them. It was 3:30 pm. When the girl answered the phone I told her the purpose of my call. She immediately, in a very snappy way, told me they closed at 3, and I would have to call back during business hours. I asked if they made wedding cakes (which I found out the do), and she repeated that they were closed and for me to call during regular hours. This second time she was even more rude. So I will not be getting my wedding cake from here. I feel that this call is indicative of their frame of mind regarding their business and how they approach customer service. Therefore, I would hate to trust my cake to them. If they cared about having my business, the least they could do is be pleasant when they answer the phone.

1  Thank MelindaJo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped here to get breakfast sandwiches and then ordered lunch to go and we headed off the beaches! It's perfect, very tasty, huge selection of sandwiches, friendly staff, and fast service! The lattes are great too!

1  Thank Matt E
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I go to St John every year and we visit several times within our vacation. The hummas vegetarian sandwich is to die for.... YUM, and great tea.

1  Thank pbtraveling1