“OK, but . . .”

Ranked #21 of 117 Restaurants in St. John
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Miss Lucy's offers a true taste of old St. John with fresh and flavorful Virgin Island cuisine plus unforgettable views! The flavors of St. John are unlike any others and we love to share them with our guests. From steamed clams to our West Indies fish fry or a juicy rib eye steak, we have something for everyone! We recommend Miss Lucy's Famous Paella with its fresh shrimp, scallops, clams, chorizo, and spicy pulled jerk chicken served over saffron rice. It's truly a dish that you'll always remember! Or join us for our incredible Sunday brunch featuring classics like eggs benedict or Miss Lucy's signature piña colada pancakes with pineapple, bananas, and toasted coconut. And don't forget to complement your meal with a beer or craft cocktail from our full service bar! Enjoy your brunch, lunch, or dinner on our outside patio with sweeping views of St. John's beautiful beaches as you listen to live music nightly or soothing jazz with your Sunday brunch. Miss Lucy's looks forward to helping you enjoy your time in St. John with incredible cuisine and an inspiring environment!
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Having read great reviews about Miss Lucy's Sunday brunch, we went on February 7. Brunch is served from 10 - 2. We arrived about 12:30, and got a table right by the water. Just as we were about to order, the musicians (a fine sounding duo) announced they were breaking for lunch. They did not resume playing for about 45 minutes, just as we were through eating. There's nothing wrong with the band "taking 5," but an extended break from 12:35 - 1:20 (prime brunch time, I think) pretty much took the jazz out of "jazz brunch" for us.

The food is typical brunch fare, fresh and well prepared. The view is very nice as long as one looks out over the water. But if I looked at my wife (which I like to do!!) I could not help but see the abandoned cargo container (maybe it was a dumpster) sitting in the untidy lot next door.

So all in all, I found Miss Lucy's Jazz Brunch to be OK, but not all it was cracked up to be.

Reviewed February 3, 2010

My husband and I went to Miss Lucy's for Sunday Brunch after a hike to Rams Head. We really enjoyed the food, drinks, music, and great view! Brunch is served with amazing potatoes & fresh fruit. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 30, 2010

While dinning under the trees you can enjoy spectacular views of the bay! The food was exceptional! The Grouper Reuben and sweet potato stuffing were superb!

Reviewed October 13, 2009

my dad and i went to a birthday party at miss lucie's. i had the grouper, dad had the shrimp. yummmmm..... served with plantains, sweet potato stuffing, and okra fungi, how can you go wrong? my favorite restaurant in st john

Reviewed July 6, 2009

It is well worth the trip. We ate twice at Miss Lucy's last month. The food is excellent and the scenery is beautiful. My son chased chickens and goats while we enjoyed a terriffic meal. Everything we had on both trips was great.