“Very good - with a pleasant surprise”
Review of Miss Lucy's

Miss Lucy's
Ranked #22 of 123 Restaurants in St. John
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Miss Lucy's offers a true taste of old St. John with fresh and flavorful Virgin Island cuisine plus unforgettable views! The flavors of St. John are unlike any others and we love to share them with our guests. From steamed clams to our West Indies fish fry or a juicy rib eye steak, we have something for everyone! We recommend Miss Lucy's Famous Paella with its fresh shrimp, scallops, clams, chorizo, and spicy pulled jerk chicken served over saffron rice. It's truly a dish that you'll always remember! Or join us for our incredible Sunday brunch featuring classics like eggs benedict or Miss Lucy's signature piña colada pancakes with pineapple, bananas, and toasted coconut. And don't forget to complement your meal with a beer or craft cocktail from our full service bar! Enjoy your brunch, lunch, or dinner on our outside patio with sweeping views of St. John's beautiful beaches as you listen to live music nightly or soothing jazz with your Sunday brunch. Miss Lucy's looks forward to helping you enjoy your time in St. John with incredible cuisine and an inspiring environment!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This open air restaurant, located in Coral Bay, is right on the water of the bay and serves excellent Carribean syle cuisine. Two of our group ordered the avocado snapper and two ordered the blackened scallops, another had coconut grouper, two others had vegetable sides. The snapper was amazingly good – best meal I had on this trip. One who got the scallops thought they were excellent while the other thought they were just ok, commenting that the glaze was too sweet, while the other meals were very good with no complaints.

One caution – while it is perhaps a routine practice at most restaurants to add a tip for parties above a certain size, if you aren't used to it (because you don't usually have a large group), you can end up double tipping. So, check the bill before adding the tip. However, I can give kudos to Miss Lucy's. I added a tip (it was dark and hard to read the bill) only to discover later that the tip had already been included. Wasn't too disappointed since service was very good even though the waitress was very busy. But – upon checking my credit card statement – discovered that the restaurant had not added my tip to the charge. Thank you Miss Lucy's.

There are newer reviews for Miss Lucy's

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited a couple of times, just for lunch one day, then Sunday Brunch, both were excellent. The restaurant is in a great location right on the Bay, stunning views of course. Food reasonably priced (for St John) and well prepared and presented. Tuna Tacos recommended, as well as Pina Colada pancakes for Sunday Brunch.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

So in a nutshell the food was pretty tasty-- I had the Kobe beef burger & my husband fish. We had a 7 pm reservation & didn't get served until about 8:45! It was absurd. I've heard of island time but this was crazy. The place wasn't even very busy. No explanation from our server just a thank you for our patience. I don't know if this was an anomaly but the long wait time would discourage me from going again despite the good food & drinks. If you do go, go during daylight so you can enjoy the view & bring a snack in case you have a long wait for food!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Miss Lucy or Mama Lucy as she's known or was known by her family members is my great grandmother. I went out to the resatuarant with my famly while on christmas vacation and without being bias i can truly say that the food is still some of the best on either St.thomas and St.john. If you want the feeling of being at a real carribean restaurant you got to come out to Coral Bay and experience it for yourself. The restaurant is literally no more than 40 feet from the water and there are goats, chickens, iguanas, and all sorts of the same animals that were kept on her farm that i remeber from when i was a kid. Cant wait to go back and out there eat, drink, relax and reminisce.

Khalid

2  Thank khalid d
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Sunday brunch is fabulous, but get there early for a parking spot and prime beachfront table. The live Jazz while eating filled out the whole experience.