WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Miss Lucy's

Miss Lucy's
Ranked #21 of 122 Restaurants in St. John
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Miss Lucy's offers a true taste of old St. John with fresh and flavorful Virgin Island cuisine plus unforgettable views! The flavors of St. John are unlike any others and we love to share them with our guests. From steamed clams to our West Indies fish fry or a juicy rib eye steak, we have something for everyone! We recommend Miss Lucy's Famous Paella with its fresh shrimp, scallops, clams, chorizo, and spicy pulled jerk chicken served over saffron rice. It's truly a dish that you'll always remember! Or join us for our incredible Sunday brunch featuring classics like eggs benedict or Miss Lucy's signature piña colada pancakes with pineapple, bananas, and toasted coconut. And don't forget to complement your meal with a beer or craft cocktail from our full service bar! Enjoy your brunch, lunch, or dinner on our outside patio with sweeping views of St. John's beautiful beaches as you listen to live music nightly or soothing jazz with your Sunday brunch. Miss Lucy's looks forward to helping you enjoy your time in St. John with incredible cuisine and an inspiring environment!
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Definately worth the trip to the other side of the island. The food was so flavorful and delicious, the view is to die for

Eliot, Maine
“On the East Side? Eat at Lucy's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Dont leave the East End without eating at Miss Lucy's. The chicken roti and fish fry were some of the best dishes we had our entire trip. Service was slow as you might expect but who cares when you have that view. Great rum drinks.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Best drinks on the island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We made two trips to Miss Lucy's during our week on St. John. Strong drinks, good food, awesome view and cute goats..nuf said

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pa.
“Wonderful food in a relaxed setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Miss Lucys on the East End is a must while on St. John. It is a very casual, laid back atmoshpere on the ocean's edge sitting at outdoor tables with fine carribean inspired food. You can just come as you are, relax and enjoy fine dining. There was a musician playing acoustic music that was really nice. We had the fried plantains for an appetizer which were excellent (couldn't convince my husband to try scallops, which I hear are great). For dinner, I had the snapper with crab and shrimp and avocado and my husband had the grouper fry with a local side dish that I just can't remember the name of, but was delicious. We had no problem with service. There were about 6 tables seated while we were there and for the caribbean, I thought the service was fast....it is the carribean so they aren't filling you glass the second it empties, etc., but for carribean time, it was great service. Everyone was friendly. The waitress took our picture without any problem. Food was timed well. We went at 6:15 and were done in an hour. We listened to the nice music and watched the water for a few minutes before leaving. I have no complaints. Def recommend a trip here!

Visited April 2012
Houston Texas
“A 2 and 1/2 hour lunch on a coral beach you can barely walk on!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Wow!! The best way to eat here and too avoid the long service is to be a Goat and wait until the patron leaves and jump on the table and chow down!!! So the place had about 5 tables of people and 2 waitresses, where the table in front of us when we sat down was already complaining about the service. We should have left. So our timeline was about 10 minutes to ask for our drink order, then I attempted to walk on the the coral beach so I would not get impatient and try my best to adhere to "Island Time", (St. John excuse for giving slow serrvice). After a 20 minute walk I arrived back at the table where my Pina Colada just showed up as I was sitting down, next it took 45 minutes for a bowl of Conch Cowder to make it from the Potato Vine and Sea to make it our table, and then another 45 minutes for our seafood wraps to show up on our table. Then our check finally arrived and we left but noticed the passing by goats had it down by jumping on the table for a quick meal!!! Dang, if only we were goats!!! Baaaa!! Baaaa!! The only other time in my life I waisted 2 and 1/2 hours was going to see that joke of a movie 2012!

• Visited March 2012