“Average but nice”

Llwyn Onn Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Cwmtaf B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2012

It was a pleasent place to be in. The rooms were very standard. The breakfast was ok but not great. My biggest complain was the mattress- it was so lumpy! My husband and I ended up with a back ache! The staff however were very friendly. Although I probably won't be returning to this particular b n b, I would like to say it wasn't a bad experience on the whole.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Nmkhan

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed just for one night this saturday and found this guest house to be very nice. Clean and comfortable. It is not in walking distance to anywhere to eat so we had to get a taxi as I fancied a drink.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed here recently whilst working at the nearby reservoir water treatment works, the B&B is spotless, rooms are unusually good for a guest house, more like a small hotel. there is free wifi, and excellent breakfast and the whole place is clean and fresh. Highly recomended.
there is also the nearby BMW off road mootorcycle school and this would be a perfect place to stay of yoiu are going there too.

Room Tip: you only get an o2 phone signal in the front upstairs rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights , and found the B and B to be welcoming with lovely clean rooms and delicious breakfasts.
The staff were very attentive too, and nothing was too much trouble.
The B and B itself is conveniently situated for the Brecon Beacons National Park and surrounding area , being about 2 to 3 miles north on the A470 from its junction with the A465 Heads of Valley Road near to Merthyr Tydfil and is within easy reach of local attractions such as Big Pit, the Rhondda Heritage Park and the Brecon Mountain Railway

We would definitely recommend the Llwyn Onn when staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My group of two families went to visit Brecon area and stayed in this Guest House for one night. We booked two rooms (one family suite and one executive twin). We had one extra child in our party compared to the booking and we said we would pay extra right from the start, as it was easy to setup one small bed in the executive twin. But an old lady, I think one of the owners, kept on saying that she was confused. She said many times even during setting up of the beds. Our stay was completely spoilt by her negative attitude. We finally paid the price of two family rooms which I considered fair since we expected to pay more. The room was clean and envrionment was quiet. The breakfast was ok except the sausage quality was not good. My family will not choose this Guest House again since we just want to enjoy and relax instead of greeted by someone that was not welcoming to guests.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The rooms were reasonable, but the whole place smelt of stale cooking fat. It was very expensive compared to others in the area, and I can't imagine why they have a four star rating.

The worst thing was a truely terrible breakfast. It seems they used the cheapest possible meat and eggs, and at £80 per night, I really don't think bad instant coffee is acceptable.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel; you could either stay in a cheaper place near by and get the same quality, or spend the same and stay in far better places, that actually care about the quality that they offer to their guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ETLondonLondon
Reviewed September 29, 2010

brilliant location, lovely food, helpful and friendly staff. room's are good size and nicely furnished

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Llwyn Onn Guest House? Share your experiences!