We have stayed at this hotel several times, it has become a bit of a tradition to stay there for my girlfriend's birthday each year. Normally I can't say enough good things about it and would recommend it to anyone, especially the food, but after our last stay I'm totally disappointed and will be finding somewhere different to stay in 2013.
I'll try and keep the problems to the point:
- No hot water in our room, waited over an hour in total, calling reception several times to be told it would be warm soon. They even suggested we used the changing room showers instead! Not what I'd paid so much money for.
- Due to the shower saga we were later getting down for food than we'd have liked, and were starving. The service was unusually appalling, several times I had to go to the bar to remind them to take an order or to find where our drinks had gone. I'm all for decent food taking a while to cook, but an hours wait for our main with no explanation or apology is too much. We didn't eat until 9.45pm. By the time we had dessert the restaurant was empty and the staff were laying the breakfast tables around us! On the plus side, the lamb was great.
- Having had so many good experiences at the hotel, I sent an email to complain after our stay with the expectation that the management would be concerned about losing longstanding customers. 3 months later and I still have no response, which is very disappointing.
It's frustrating to have spent so much money for a birthday gift only for it to have so many problems and spoil the occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former AA Welsh Hotel of the Year, the Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel, Bistro and Spa is a contemporary inn in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park. You could not find a more ideal location for your short break or business trip with highlights including: 32 individually designed bedrooms, extensive grounds with two rivers for the summer, blazing log fires in the winter, a bustling bistro and an intimate bar, extensive menus specialising in game and fish dishes with great puddings, a state-of-the-art health spa with 18 metre pool, gym and spa pool, a treatment centre offering a wide range of health and beauty treatments, attentive staff at all times and all at great value prices. The Nant Ddu Lodge is also a great place to base yourself while exploring the Beacons and the Valleys of South Wales with Cardiff being just 30 minutes drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nant Ddu Hotel Cwmtaf
- Nant Ddu Cwmtaf
- Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel