“Views from the outside can be deceptive”

The Mount Pleasant Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Merthyr Tydfil B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2012

John & Ann areexcellent hosts & do everything to make one's stay pleasing. The inn's like Doctor Who's TARDIS - small from the outside but considerably larger on the inside.
I've stayed 3 or 4 times & go back because I enjoy it. There's a similarly priced Travelodge in Merthyr but it's not as good as The Mount Pleasant - where I paid £40 per night, B&B.
Ann provides evening meals from a menu & the breakfast's great.

Room Tip: I've stayed in room 5each time - facing the back & quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnTravelsLots

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a few problems finding the place, and had to resort to the Tom Tom, so get clear directions before you set out. When we arrived, they had messed up the bookings [wrong day - email booking from the colonies] but that was soon sorted out. There is off street parking - thank goodness, because the premises are right on the road. The proprietors are a nice couple, the dinner and breakfast up to expectation, the rooms comfortable. Would I stay again if I was in the area - definitely.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front can be noisy from passing traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brite2U
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I travel for business and usually stay in major hotel chains, this time I've been really spoilt...The Mont Pleasant Inn was everything I expected from the reviews and more. My room was spotless, the bed comfortable and breakfast was well cooked. The owners were friendly and couldn't do enough for you and I felt that they were genuinely interested in providing an excellent service. I enjoyed my brief stay so much that I've booked again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheeky10
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Mount Pleasant Inn is in Merthyr Vale, a short distance from Merthyr Tydfil. It has off road parking around the back and street parking at the front. The Inn is family run and the welcome was warm and sincere. Our rooms were very pleasantly situated towards the back, overlooking the valley and were generously proportioned. They were bright and clean, everything worked. We ate our evening meal in their restaurant, which I can highly recommend. All in all, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cappacino_Girl
Reviewed December 10, 2011

In a word fantastic.
The welcome was outstanding.
The meals were great.
Breakfast great.
I would not hesitate in recommending Mt Pleasant Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed so we could attend a family funeral, and found Ann & John so welcoming that I am planning another visit in the Spring. Room very comfortable with lots of space and a nice bathroom. Dinner is available in the evenings to guests, and is highly recommended - I had the 'house' speciality of 'lamb mountain', which was delicious, and the breakfast was equally good, and with lots of choice. The back patio has spectacular views along the valley, and this part of the Valleys is far prettier than you would expect.
I'd highly recommend the Mount Pleasant Inn to anyone visiting the area

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Ann and John make you very welcome in this very comfortable Inn with stunning views over the valley. Nothing was too much trouble for them which made you feel quite at home and relaxed. Unfortunately we only had one night here but had we known we would have stayed for several. Not only were the accomodation and meals etc great but there are lovely walks and drives very close to the area to explore as well. They have a lovely outdoor eating area that would have been lovely too with a beautiful view thrown in. There is also plenty of parking close by. Thanks Ann and John, your slogan "Arrive as guests, leave as friends" is very appropriate. See in Melbourne some day we hope. Kaye and Nick 20.09.11.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple