“Keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse - Order a Pizza”
Review of Great Bay Lounge - CLOSED

Great Bay Lounge
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My opinion is the majority opinion talking to other guests over the last years of visiting and staff as well. The food outlets here at the Ritz are so below what we have to expect from the Ritz Brand. I I ate here three weeks ago to give the sushi another try; the girl behind the sushi bar didn't speak any English, the selection of fish was minimal and everything tasted horrible. I did complain and nobody seemed to care. I am here again this weekend with my wife and after a long trip in we didn't want to leave the property; actually we never want to leave the property. This time the service was even worse, the food was awful; the manager said she was sorry; nobody cares on this property the food is awful. We are members of the residences and as beautiful as the property is you can't eat here, everything is way over priced and the food is just not what it was 3 to 5 years ago; it so bad. Jasper and Sam are your baselines, the GBL used to be a place and the food was the star. Now we have to take a 30 min cab to go to any of the great restaurants off property. Thanks for the bottle of wine, we dont want it we want an executive chef here to revamp the menu and bring in the food that the local venders get. Were more tempted to take a cab to a ferry to a cab to goto Zozo's on St. John. I will say this order six Heinekens and a 30 dollar pizza with some french fries and your all set. Please I am begging the GMs to fix this problem, i have been complaining and nobody is listening, talk to your member guests they will all tell you ordering from the Food delivery or doing a food shop is safer. But do i want to cook on my vacation with my wife. You must Avoid all outlets including BlueWater it terrible there too, you can read my review there as well. But after 7 years of coming to this beautiful property and wonderful staff all over including the Spa, but the food is not to the Ritz Standard. Too Noisy Service Bad Food Awful! PS i even had to get up and get my own chop sticks.

1  Thank Aaron C

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Ritz Carlton resort and discovered the best dining was at the GBL. We met Chef Oscar who created a spicy noodle appetizer to accompany the dim sum - simply amazing. He is creative in presentation but focused on taste and texture - don't miss it.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

While the food was excellent, it was noisy and the service very slow. I have residence at the Ritz, so have been here many times and while I expect the prices to be high. Frankly I think I would rather get on my car and go off site where there are better choices.

1  Thank frank r
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Attentive service but the food is poor quality especially for the price. Had to send one back for off taste. Buffet closely controlled proteins. If you are not staying at the resort, you get slower service and seated in poor location.
Used to be a favorite but will no longer go. New management has certainly made us feel less welcome. Worth the drive to go elsewhere.

1  Thank TooBlueVilla
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Yum! Food is so good here and great options - entrees, fish, sushi, apps, amazing fresh wantons instead of bread, fantastic desserts. Prices are steep, but that's what you get for eating at the Ritz. Service was fantastic (wish I remembered our server's name, was a girl probably in her 30's from the States). Portion sizes are really nice. Kitchen is accommodating to allergies and requests. One of the best meals in our 5 night stay. Ate at Coconut Cove, also at the Ritz one night which was fine, but wish we had gone to Great Bay Lounge first because we would have just gone there twice and not Coconut Cove. We got sushi, mahi special, snapper, tuna tar tar, ice cream sundae (we had this on the property several times, it's amazing - hey, it was vacation), cheesecake, ice creams (they were a bit freezer burned - literally the only downside of the meal). Sushi could have a tad more fish, but honestly for an island, this was great. Definitely go.

Two notes: this is located by/at the evening bar area at the hotel so if someone is drinking too much at the bar, can be a little bothersome (there was a basketball game on and someone kept shouting, but the manager asked them to lower their volume); nice outdoor space but the lights all flicker out there, odd.