Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Disappointed”

Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Coast
Reviewed November 26, 2006

The Good: This is a very secluded, intimate resort with adequate access to enjoyment in the water. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly.

The Bad: Because the resort is small, there are only two restaurants. The chicken my neice ordered from Iggies was not cooked all the way through. The pool is small. The beach, though not crowded, was full of seaweed and very rocky. The air conditioner was on full blast and still did not cool our room. The shower head made a high-pitched sound and did not give good water pressure. The bathrooms, in general, need updating.

The Ugly: One of the nights we stayed there, the sewage backed up in all of the toilets. Very gross!!!!! Also, I was with a large party that had small children. We booked a total of 6 rooms. I talked extensively with the staff before we arrived to insure that our rooms would be close together. Only two rooms were side-by-side and the rest of us were so spread out that we were not able to spend nearly as much time together as we wanted. It ruined our time together with family.

I was very surprised at how disappointed I was in this resort since it had some very good reviews. We will go back to St. Thomas but will definately stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank 4kbgracie
There are newer reviews for Bolongo Bay Beach Resort

Reviewed October 31, 2006

We went to St. Thomas over our birthdays, mine October 13, and my husband's October 14. It was the best birthday ever! Our family stayed for 4 days at the condo at Bolongo Bay and it was amazing, Heavenly Days for sure! This was our first visit to the island and an all inclusive stay. The days seemed endless, the sights were unbelievable, and the entire time was great. Our condo was very nice with an amazing view of the bay. The staff all were very welcoming and helpful. The food at both Iggies and the Beach House was wonderful, and we were never hungry. We rented a car and took the advise of some of the staff and visited the different beaches, each one was beautiful. Our kids snorkeled forever and seen many fish and even a sea turtle. My son who graduates in June is now looking to go to school at the campus on the island for oceanography. If he is accepted you will be seeing us again on many occasion. I would also love to come down during carnival, that would be so much fun.

Thanks for everything,
Kim and Jay Ludwig

Virginia Beach, VA

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank kim_ludwig
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We had not been on a vacation in about 12 years. My husband
loves to work and thinks that the only relaxing thing to do is
work more. I looked at the Bolongo Bay resort on the internet
and decided we were going to the Virgin Islands. I chose this
place for a lot of reasons, but the one that caught my eye first
was that it was family owned. My husband did not think I was
serious, but we took off for St. Thomas in September. We were
greated with a smile by everyone and they were anxious to
help us in anyway. We snorkeled, parasailed and just laid out
on the beautiful beach. This was the best. My husband actually
was not ready for it to be over either. He promised me we would
go back again next year. That in itself is a five star rating.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank leroy1
Reviewed October 11, 2006

This was my second trip to Bolongo! I was here last year in May and stayed at the condos with my family. This time it was just the girls; my cousin, my sister and myself. Our oceanview room was great. We had the best time. We enjoyed everyone we met at the resort. The staff made us feel very welcome and was extremely helpful with any question we had for them. Iggie's became a favorite spot for dinner and the waitstaff and karaoke were great. The day we went to St. John, we had the entire beach of Cinnamon Bay to ourselves. If you don't like crowds, come to the islands in September. The only thing that was disappointing was the length of our stay. Way too short! We want to come back and bring one more of the rowdy girls with us next year! Thanks Bolongo Bay for making this a truly memorable vacation for us.
Suffering from "Bushwacker" withdrawls,

Tammy, Sherry & Brenda
The "Rowdy Girls"

• Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank LuckyKT
Reviewed October 9, 2006

My husband and I got married at Bolongo Bay on July 29th 2006 and it was wonderful. The day of our wedding it rained ALL day, which made the "beach wedding" impossible. Instead we got married in the Beach House... It was beautiful. Everyone was so nice and did everything they could to make our day special. Allison especially. She was wonderful. She took care of everything with a smile on her face. Bolongo Bay is a wonderful resort that I want to go back to for sure. The food is great, the atmosphere is great and the people are wonderful!!! The view from our room was beautiful. We could not have asked for a better time. We had the "All Inclusive" package and it was worth it! I wouldn't do it any other way than that. The only time we left the resort was when we went into town shopping and to do a few things for the wedding... besides that, everything you need is right at the resort. A few family members and close friends came along and they all loved it! I would VERY HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone. I know we will be back. So, Thank you again Bolongo Bay... We had a wonderful time!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StThomasBride
Reviewed August 13, 2006

To the owners, it really says something great about you guys, when your employees have worked there for so many years and talk about you guys like family. We were just there July 19th thru July 23rd, 2006. Monday is a hard day back to work. We had a wonderful time. The all inclusive is the way to go. Everyone is so nice and pleasant. Chef Ric does incredible dinners at the Beach House. Manager Heather was wonderful. Harry the bartender was great. Harry's love potion and the bushwacker are awesome. Simon the Doorman, Vernita which seems to wear alot of hats. I could go on forever.....Tooo many names to mention.......Igges was great tooo., crab legs.....Carnival Night !...Karokake.....So many great memories. It was just what we needed, stress free. We could do everything or nothing at all...........We will certainly be back looking to make this a yearly vacation........

Greetings to all of our new friends,

Roger Mason and Cathy Marinucci Room 148

Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank CathyNuch
Reviewed August 12, 2006

After reading many reviews from Tripadvisor, we were very nervous about having our daughters wedding held here. But what a pleasant surprise it was. We had 11 guests, all staying at Bolongo. All 11 want to return! The day of our daughters wedding it rained and Allison was kind enough to make arrangements for the wedding to be held in doors at the Beach House Restaurant. It turned out Wonderfully. As some of the reviewers have noted, the rooms have a lived in feel, but you couldn't ask for better service, food, view, and hospitality!!!! Everyone there was extremely friendly and went out of their way to help you. The two restaurants, while different were both excellent (try the Conch Ravioli Bolognaise). The beach hut provided a wide variety of non-motorized water toys all of which were free to use for all inclusive guest. However, for an additional fee, Jet Ski tours are available. The view of Charlotte Amalie from the Jet Ski was amazing.
I strongly recommend the all-inclusive package; the food is excellent but could get expensive if you had to pay for each individual meal.
Taxis are definitely the way to go, but they do get expensive at an average of $8 per person one way.
We are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
Point Pleasant Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End

Been to Bolongo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!