“first trip there”

Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Coast
Reviewed June 4, 2014

was by far the best vacation we have had.the staff from the resort,lobster grillie,and iggies were great.the food was fantastic,I highly recommend the all inclusive trip to bolongo bay resort to anyone traveling to st thomas.the use of all the water activities like kayaks ,trikes,snorkel gear.the dive shop sets you up with great snorkel gear and advise.real professional people there.We saw 7 sea turtles and fish and stingrays in the bay. if i was to ask for anything different maybe a shuttle to and from the airport or for a tour around the island seeing as cabs run fairly high other than that a five star for my wife and i and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: we had an ocean view on the second floor and it was great.a constant ocean breeze and the sound of t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris R

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our stay at the Bolongo was great!! If your looking for a 4-5 star hotel this is not for you, but if you want a clean and peaceful spot this is the place.The staff was so friendly, we did not encounter one mishap. We had the perfect room -#126. I think it was the best room there!!! It was upstairs and in the middle and gave us a direct view of the ocean and we could see part of both restaurants and the Heavenly Days boat from it. It was a tropical paradise. The view was amazing. At night the temperature was great and we would leave the panels on the door open and we could hear the ocean waves all night making for a peaceful sleep. We had a balcony that was great for enjoying the perfect view. We were given plenty of coffee to make so we could sit out on the balcony and enjoy, The only thing I can say against this place (which I do not think there is any remedy,) was we had a problem with the sand knats that bothered us some nights, not every night but when they did come out they were annoying but we did not let them stop us from enjoying our stay. The carnival night at Iggy's was fun we did not eat but went to enjoy the show and we enjoyed the live music there. The food at both restaurants was good. The access to all the water toys was great and there was plenty of lounging chairs for everyone. The sunset sail on the Heavenly Days was a great way to end the evening and interact with a lot of the other guest. We attended a wedding here at Bolongo and it was beautiful. We would definitely like to return here!

Room Tip: Number 126 was great, the view was breath taking. All the upstairs rooms have balconies, the value...
1  Thank Melinda812
Reviewed June 3, 2014

From the very moment I checked in, until the moment I left, this experience was flawless. Every single person I encountered on Bolongo Bay's staff - from reservations to reception, from bartenders to water sports - knew my name and constantly checked to see if they could somehow improve my stay. I chose the 'inclusive' option and couldn't have been happier. I enjoyed the Lobster Grille and Iggys multiple times. My room was clean and neat - with an ocean view to die for. I opted to experience two Heavenly Days catamaran trips - a Sunset Sail and snorkeling with the sea turtles- both fabulous. I relied on their in-house watersports staff for paddle boarding and sailing (kayaks were also an option). I also loved jet skiing with Rick from 340 Watersports...a beautiful way to see the island from the water. Many thanks to Daniela, Shawn, Josh, 007, Remound and Byron for making my stay incredible.

Room Tip: Many people LOVE the Ocean Front - they walk right out on to the beach - but I was perfectly happy w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed June 2, 2014

From check in to check out and everything in between, the resort was perfect. Our room was neat and clean and comfortable. The food was great, the beach was amazing, and the activities top notch!! Can't say enough.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

if you go, take as many trips on the resort catamaran "Heavenly Days" as you can afford: Snorkeling with Sea Turtles, Sunset Harbor Cocktail Cruise, All Day Sail to the Island of St. John. Captain Larry and his crew will make your sailing experience relaxing, entertaining and memorable. They made it for my family.
Alexei S.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This resort was very relaxed, quiet. A wonderful time away. If you want to just relax , eat , drink and not feel compelled to do anything !! At Iggys bar , right on the property, an excellent and different live band every night!! So fun. The restaurant on the property had the best lobster bisque I have ever had. Excellent snorkeling! Rocky beach, bring water shoes. I think it's great for adults, kids may get bored.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We found Bolongo 20 years ago and haven't been anywhere else on vacation since -- we may not get to Bolongo every year but that just means we didn't go anywhere. Everybody associated with the resort makes you feel welcome and special. There are plenty of activities if you want or you can just hang out on the beach or by the pool and completely relax. Both onsite restaurants are excellent and there is plenty of variety so nobody could possibly go away hungry. We have enthusiastically referred several friends to Bolongo and they have also had great experiences (one friend even went twice within a single year).

1  Thank ElizJ62
Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie

Been to Bolongo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!