“Great experience!”

St Thomas Discover Scuba Diving
Ranked #4 of 31 Tours in East End
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Coki Dive Center is located at Coki Beach, on the east end of St. Thomas, USVI. We offer Snorkeling, Discover Scuba Diving, Certified Scuba Diving, boat or beach dives and PADI Scuba classes from Bubblemakers to Divemasters. We are a PADI Five Star facility and a leader of Discover Scuba Diving a PADI course for people to try scuba diving.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went SCUBA diving for the first time with Coki and loved every minute of it, one of the neatest things I've ever done. Jim was our instructor and did a great job with us and was very patient! Planning to pursue open-water certification when it warms up this year!!

All reviews
in 24 reviews
"small group"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was my first scuba experience and It was money well spent. To begin with, they were flexible with our cruise ship/taxi adventure making us late. I was expecting to sit in a class for half the day, but after a 30 minute brief overview, we went straight into the water. When it was time to go under, our awesome instructor, Jim, saw me panic and came to my aid. I had already convinced myself that I couldn't do it an was ready to quit. Jim took my hand and was very patient, talking me through my nervousness. We were under about 40 minutes which I felt was the perfect length for a first time experience.

Only drawback, we were there on a day that there were a lot of people on the beach/in water which made it cloudy underwater. We were able to see better once we went out further (went to depth of approx 40 feet).

Overall great experience and can't wait to return!!!

-Fiona from Myrtle Beach, SC

1  Thank Momofweejack
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Jim was awesome having patience with us and getting over the initial sensation of breathing under water. Took it slow, gave us as long as we needed. Take an underwater camera. These guys live for diving so they do everything to get you into it too.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Wow....This was our first time ever diving and it was money well spent. The staff were helpful, friendly and very informative. Over all it was an excellent experience like travelling to a different world. JP was informative and put us at ease to help us relax and feel comfortable on our first dive. The dive centre is located on a nice beach. We will be back the first chance we get.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I upgraded my OWD to AOWD with Jim at Coki Beach Dive Club. I also did couple of extra dives at Cow and Calf and I found everybody to be really friendly and accommodating. Athmosphere was really easy going and I never felt that we would be in a rush or anything like that. I highly recommend these guys. The beach itself is great for easy beach dive, it has 2 reefs easily reached from beach.