“Simply Amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East End
The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After much research decided to stay in the Club section as this was hands down a better choice than the hotel when travelling with 6 people. Stayed in a 3 bedroom 3.5 bath unit for a week. It was beautifully appointed and the views from the balconies were amazing. Housekeeping came twice daily which was a nice perk. The entire staff was friendly and very accommodating. Could not have asked for a better vacation. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvette M
Matthew M, Owner at The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Yvette M,

Many thanks for your great review of the Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas.

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time while on property and that the staff was able to accommodate you.

We look forward to having you at the Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is our first time staying at any Ritz Carlton Club. We traded our Marriott Premier Vacation points. Stayed for a week in November. Was worried because St. Thomas is a known tourist "mecca" and that was not the experience we were looking for.

The Club is a beautiful club located on the opposite side from all the bustle, only a 20 minute car/taxi ride, on a spectacular private bay that faces St. John just a few miles off shore. A perfect retreat.

The property itself was great. The staff was very friendly and sought to be helpful. We had arrived late after the kitchen closed, but they re-opened it to deliver an amazing late night meal.

Wish there were more Clubs!

Room Tip: I recommend a suite in the building where the new Owners' Lounge is located. It is higher up, so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dhtreat
Matthew M, Owner at The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Dhtreat,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Ritz-Carlton Club; thank you for booking your first Ritz-Carlton Club getaway on St. Thomas!

As you mentioned St. John in your review, the next time you are on St. Thomas, you can take a ferry to this beautiful island and enjoy the scenery.

There are also boat charters available on the island in case you are interested in visiting the British Virgin Islands.

Once again, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you at the Ritz-Carlton Club again!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here recently celebrating my husband's birthday with our 3 adult children and spouses. Prior to booking, we had looked at numerous hotel and rental options. Their rates may seem high comparative to a villa for a family; however, for the price, all included, we don't think we could have made a better choice. Getting to and from the hotel was very easy as they always had taxis available (although, why you would ever want to leave the resort is a question). Staff was fabulous. Housekeeping cannot be beat. We have stayed in a lot of rentals and hotels in a variety of countries and cities and have never found better housekeeping. I have only two criticisms: (1) After booking, prior to arrival, I was attempting to book a private day charter to island hop and also looking to book a restaurant we used to go to frequently (restaurant is now closed). I contacted the concierge for both; however, in the case of the restaurant booking was told that the person to help was on vacation and would get back to me in 10 days when she was back (not really acceptable) and in the case of the day charter, was only referred to their in house sail boat and another charter that never returned my emails. I have since realized that there were other charters that they work with and am confused as to why they wouldn't recommend one of them. Our charter day ended up fine, but it was not accomplished with any help from them. (2) The last day our children had planned as a surprise a private dinner on the beach for my husband and myself. As happens in the islands frequently, there was a brief shower around 3pm, at which time the hotel cancelled the dinner. Weather cleared as it usually does and the evening was beautiful. We had a wonderful last night together as a group, just don't understand why they were so quick to cancel. Despite my two very minor criticisms, love this property and want to stress that it is very worth every penny and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear squaredeal16,

First off, happy belated birthday to your husband!

I am glad to hear that the staff and housekeeping kept you and your family happy during your stay at the Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas.

I sorry to hear of the problems you encountered while trying to make restaurant reservations and book a private day charter through one of the Club's concierge. I am also sorry to hear of the cancellation of your surprise dinner due to the brief rain shower.

All in all, I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at the Ritz-Carlton Club St. Thomas and we look forward to seeing you on property soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We spent Easter week at the Ritz with our 2 children, ages 13 and 10. Everything about the experience was first rate, from check in to (sadly) check out. Checking in was a breeze, even during an extremely busy time. The bell staff is exemplary, making sure that a large amount of luggage and groceries was efficiently transported to our unit. The water and rum punch are a nice touch as well. The condo itself is outstanding--we had a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath unit. It is very spacious, has everything you need, and above all was spotlessly clean. The balconies are large and have great views of the beach and St. John (we were in the Iris building, 4th floor). All units have full size washers and dryers, big refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, and utensils making it feel like a luxury home. The grounds are extremely well maintained and are gorgeous. The many pool areas have plenty of lounge chairs, so even when it was "crowded" there was no problem snagging a chair at any time of day. Same goes for the beach which is wider than most hotel beaches on the island, and has plenty of room in either the sun or the shade. Wi-Fi on the beach is also great, with coverage everywhere. Everything you need is right there, and the hotel itself with its beach, water-sports area, spa, and restaurant are an easy 5 min walk away along a nice beach path. You can't beat the physical setup of the Ritz Club.
What really makes the Ritz stand out is the service and friendliness of the entire staff--housekeeping, food and beverage, bell staff, pool/beach management, water sports and scuba, activities staff (thanks for the Easter Egg hunt, the kids loved it!), and upper management. A few individuals stand out and deserve individual thank yous from me and my family: Brandon at Patagon Dive Center is an excellent, safe instructor, and has given my son skills and confidence that he will enjoy for the rest of his life. Ashley is a really friendly and attentive server on the beach, and will make sure that your food and drink needs are taken care of. We have a severe food allergy issue and Ashley and the entire staff at the Ritz kept us safe. Marie at Coconut Cove was great, and the "grill master" Robert cooks lobster and steak worthy of any restaurant in the country. My wife and I had a wonderful time, and our kids found many new friends. My family told me many times "this was the best vacation EVER!!" I couldn't ask for more--thanks again Ritz Club, and we hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: Any building is good. Ask for a higher floor if possible to enjoy the views. I really liked the posi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Larryope

Dear Larryope,

Your great review, positive attitude, and excitement over the Club, put a warm smile on my face.

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great time at the Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas and that you thoroughly enjoyed your experiences while on property, especially the service and friendliness of the staff and upper management.

I am sure the entire staff at the Ritz-Carlton Club had a great time helping make your vacation a wonderful and memorable experience.

I hope you and your family plan another trip to the Ritz-Carlton Club St. Thomas in the near future!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We recently spent one week at the Ritz Carlton Club St. Thomas during spring break for our three children. This is our third trip as a couple to the property (we stayed in the hotel the first trip) and our second with our children. This place is magical for our family. We get out of the car each time and walk out to look at the view from the beach and everything else just falls away. This year, we stayed in the Jasmine Building on the fourth floor. The view was spectacular and the unit was clean and very well maintained. (Lesson learned from last year when we just requested a two bedroom unit without specifying where, not realizing that first and second floor units in this particular building have a pool view even though the face Great Bay.) We brought a duffle bag full of groceries with us on the plane (the $25 cost to check a bag was well worth the savings from island prices for food). We ate breakfast in our unit every day as well as lunch about half the week. There is a well-stocked grocery store five minutes away and you can also purchase groceries in advance through the concierge. Housekeeping came in after breakfast each day and thoroughly cleaned the kitchen and the rest of the unit. There was turndown service after dinner each night. We ate several meals in the various restaurants on the property, including a lunch and two dinners at Coconut Cove (amazing burger!), a dinner and lunch at Sails and a lovely dinner for two at Blue Water (kids got room service). The food was excellent and the service was often on Caribbean time. Our ten year old son had the "fish of the day" from the Ritz Carlton Kids menu numerous times during the week and enjoyed each version. Our 13 year old twin daughters loved the "pita pizza". All menu items were expensive. However, I don't think they are out of line with prices elsewhere on the island.

We spent most of our days at the resort on the beach at the hotel side of the property. It's about a five minute walk up and down a rather steep hill but it was worth it. We paid the resort fee and used the various water sports equipment off and on all day long. My husband taught all three of our kids to sail on the Hobie Cats, we paddle boarded on a windless day and the snorkeling right off the beach was phenomenal. The infinity pool on the hotel side has a view of Great Bay and St. John that is unparalleled. The beach chairs all have shade attachments that you can adjust throughout the day and there is one large casuarina tree on the beach that provides coveted shade all day long.

We took an afternoon snorkel cruise on the Lady Lynsey one afternoon. Despite the unseasonable clouds, cool temps and occasional rain squall that day, we had a lovely trip. Apparently, every Wednesday the Lady Lynsey sails all day to Jost Van Dyke but this particular week, the boat was privately chartered. I personally think the day trip would be a great deal of fun.
We took our rental car to St. John on the car barge (five minutes away in Red Hook) and enjoyed a gorgeous day exploring St. John by car. We went to Cinnamon Bay Beach for the morning, drove to Coral Bay and had lunch at Skinny Legs and stopped at Maho Bay Beach in the afternoon for more snorkeling. We also took the ferry from Red Hook over to St. John for dinner another evening and had dinner at Morgan's Mango.

All in all, the Ritz Carlton Club St. Thomas is an amazing place to spend a family vacation. Now...how do I convince my husband to go back for a third year in a row??

Room Tip: We rented our unit through a listing on VRBO. The company had several properties listed and I speci...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann B

Dear Ann B,

The third time is definitely the charm! So come on down. The serene beaches and warm tropical breezes are calling out to you and your family!

I am really excited to hear that you and the family had an amazingly magical time at the Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas. Your great review of the Club made me want to hop in my car, drive to the Ritz-Carlton Club and book a Residence right now.

Thank you for taking the time out to mention how great the food at the on property restaurants was.

It also sounds like you guys had a great time in St. John. I’m jealous! :)

Next time you are on St. Thomas you MUST book a private charter to the British Virgins Islands, it will be worth it.

I hope that you do convince your husband to come back to St. Thomas for the third time…whatever it takes. I'll be cheering you on!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Having stayed on St. John, and a number of hotels on St. Thomas, the Ritz has the finest property on either. Great Bay has a fantastic east/southeast view. Restaurant, beachfront and pool are al superior. We were there as a couple, family activities are also featured. We haven't attempted golf on St Thomas, one course available; but not located on the property. Snorkeling, scuba tips are both easily available. Recalling that the "resort fee" includes a number of activities; look closely at what's available. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, staff goes the extra steps everywhere on the property. Location close to Red Hook, gives quick access to both St. John & the British Virgins via ferry. Charlotte Amalie is 15 minutes via Taxi, as well as other key sites, (Megan's Bay, St. Peter, downtown).

Room Tip: Upper level rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great smiles and a fresh rum punch upon arrival started our stay after a long day of travel. Service was impeccable almost every step of the way. We stayed in the condo of a friend who had a fractional ownership share. We made meals and the staff cleaned up. We left for a day of fun and they were ready to tidy up as we left. Nightly visits providing the occasionally needed refreshing. There was a short walk to the beach, pools, restaurants, or the spa. Or the bell staff is happy to provide a cart ride. I had a serious back issue come up so the staff provided a beach chair and cushion and bedding so that I could sleep almost upright! The restaurant food selections were plentiful albeit a bit pricey. We were surprised by the number of children at the resort and at the beach. They were a bit distracting with their playful activities, but it was not overwhelming. A full kitchen allowed us to create our own feasts with supplies obtained from the local market. Everything was very clean and the one minor issue with the air conditioner was fixed quickly and correctly.

Room Tip: There is not a bad location on the property. Aim for the highest level for the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!