“Best Dive Outfit I've Seen”

Red Hook Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.00*
and up
2-Tank Discover Scuba in ST Thomas with Optional Snorkeling
Ranked #6 of 30 Tours in East End
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hook Dive Center is a full service PADI Dive Center located in American Yacht Harbor on the east end of St Thomas. We invite you to stop by our shop where we offer all levels of dive instruction, daily dive excursions, private charters, dive and snorkel rental equipment, air/nitrox fills, and equipment service. We also offer a large selection of dive and snorkel related equipment for sale.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The crew of the Fools' Gold was hilarious, the dives were excellent and the service was amazing. They took care of setting up your gear so you could focus on enjoying the dives. Both dive masters I dove with were friendly, funny, and skilled guides. I'm strongly considering returning to St. Thomas just to dive with these people again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We did 6 dives with Red Hook and each dive was better than the one before. Hated to get out of the water on the last dive. This is the dive center that the locals use so you know that they are good. They were able to mix locals, expeienced divers and students together so everyone had a great dive experience.
The diver masters and boat crew were a very organized and efficient team that took care of all our needs. This was the best diving experience that we've had and would go back again. Even though the winds were up on two of the days they made sure that they located sheltered dive sights that would give us a good variety of diving experiences. Make reservations to dive as they book out early. The boat only carries 12 divers, so it isn't one of those dive barges (cattle boats) that I hate so much.
We went by the day before we started to dive so we could get our questions answered and start the paperwork. Parking near the shop is limited so arriving early is best. Next door to Molly Malones.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've been all around the world, and this was one of my favorite dive operations of all time. Very well organized, professional, tidy, experienced, personable, fun and even kind.

From the picking up of the gear at the outset, to getting everyone properly kitted out, the thoughtful dive briefings are quite good. They'll also take you to the best places (weather permitting) and think carefully about who to take where to make sure that people have the best experience. And ask in advance if you should take motion sickness pills -- because even I had some trouble on one dive (and it was the first time in my 10+ years of diving).

They were also incredibly good with my husband who was a novice diver and hadn't really had a good experience/training in some of his earlier dives. The thoughtfulness that they showed to him was really amazing. They also offered him a free "discover scuba" experience sot hat he could go back and have a refresher and work on basic things with the instructor -- particularly mask clearing. Cheers to Ash! In another dive, he hadn't had the best experience and needed to call the dive early. John was the sole of kindness; and once on the boat Kristen made it all simple and okay. I can't thank that set of folks enough for the kindness that they showed to us and their professional dedication to given him a good diving experience. Let's just say, he's totally hooked now -- and without the professionalism of this dive shop, this would have been our third and last diving experience together. So thank you.

It's hard to think of more negatives, but here goes. If you buy the dive package (which is a great deal), think carefully about whether you want to bring all of your own equipment. It doesn't cost that much more, and their equipment is in good condition. Our friends were sad in the end that they brought/borrowed gear from home to save money when in the end they basically would have had more fun if they'd only brought down their masks and wetsuits.

Again, it was an amazing experience, and when diving the Caribbean again, we'll think of these guys first...

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My friends and I had a great experience with the folks at Red Hook Dive Center. The entire crew made the trip enjoyable and despite the windy weather they found us two good dive sites. I'd highly recommend diving with this shop.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Dive shops at times , make you feel like they are doing you a favor by taking you out , not the case with red hook , from Wayne in the shop , the entire crew and Tom , our dive master , they created a great day ! Based on today , I have booked two more trips this week! Btw, nice option to be able to rinse and leave your gear stored at the shop!
Charlie