“St. Thomas reef diving” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
2-Tank Discover Scuba in ST Thomas with Optional Snorkeling
Ranked #8 of 27 Tours in East End
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hook Dive Center is a full service PADI Dive Center located in American Yacht Harbor on the east end of St Thomas. We invite you to stop by our shop where we offer all levels of dive instruction, daily dive excursions, private charters, dive and snorkel rental equipment, air/nitrox fills, and equipment service. We also offer a large selection of dive and snorkel related equipment for sale.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“St. Thomas reef diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff was very professional yet personable and fun. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our dives. They offer access to some good dive sites for new and experienced divers. We would definitely use them again.

1 Thank Frndaks

Williston, North Dakota
“What a dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is one of those places that the people make all the difference. Wayne, Tom, and Kristin were great. While staying at Sugar Bay Resort I spoke with Kristin (who ended up being our boat captain). She gave me Waynes personal cell number to customize a dive time for us. At the shop Wayne hooked us up with dive gear. We had a few new divers and Wayne spent the time to make sure they had what they needed. On the dive Tom took us down to some awsome sites. He made everyone feel very comfortable with the dive. Afterward we went nextdoor and had a beer while they cleaned up the boat, then Tom gave us a ride back to the resort. YOU DON'T GET THAT KIND OF SERVICE MOST PLACES. Thank You guys for making our vacation.
P.S. Ask Kristin how she likes night diving.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

These people were very patient with everyone on the boat and handled us all very well, from the regular divers to the once a year crowd. It looked like everyone had a blast. Well worth a dive with these folks. Safety came first and they did it very politely.

Charleston, South Carolina
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience with these guys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booking was easy with these guys. I called with a few questions, booked online and received a friendly confirmation email from them immediately. They were more than helpful on the phone too.

On the day of our dive, I showed up early at the wrong location down the road (completely my fault). They called me on the phone to make sure I wasn't lost and guided me to their main location at the marina. The staff had us all setup and made it as quick and easy as possible. Travis & Wayne were more than accommodating to the entire boat. We saw eel, tons of fish, some turtles, and a few huge manta rays! Very laid back and fun staff and knowledgeable too.

Their dive shop was filled with fun stuff too.

I will definitely dive with them again.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“The one place with unclear water in the whole Caribbean ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on an afternoon 1 tank dive with red hook. Russell was our captain and chris was our dive master - both were lovely and personable.

The equipment was all in good working order - they got everything set up for you from the wetsuit, to the fins to the antifog! All this was good. The regulators were closed a little tight for both of our comfort as we felt we were having to really work for the air ( so try it before you hop in the water for better breathing!)

We went to dive at the 'ledges' and though there may have been neat stuff to see, it was VERY murky water - I felt like I was in northern Florida rather than the islands! We were literally searching for the group as if they swam more than 20 feet away you'd need see them. I guess you can't guarantee the water clarity - but this one should have been better forseen by the crew. So the dive itself - a 3.

This is also a no frills company - you can get yourself a cup of water off the wall and they will give you a piece of hard candy to get the salt out of your mouth at the end of the dive, but no music, no soft drinks. This is all business - which isn't a bad thing - you just should know that you are going diving on this trip, not an excursion. Even when it came to animal identification, nothing was per-dive like 'oh you might see x" but all post dive where people said ' I saw this long thin fish with a funny nose, what was that'- and try we're knowledgable and said a trumpet fish, but again, after the fact.

We would go diving with them again as they are conveniently located right near red hook ( and some restaurants right next door!) ... And if you get the island saver, there is a 2 for 1 dive coupon with them!!

Oh- and the owner wayne, is very nice and helpful ... You can easily call ahead with any questions and he's more than happy to help!!

Happy travels!