We were there the same time as the people who were robbed and we had a wonderful time, in fact none of us knew it happened until I read it on here! At no time did I, or anyone in my group (20+) feel like their safety was at risk. The robbery news shocks me! In fact, I feel very lucky, we were VERY lazy with our safety precautions, we never locked our doors or used our safe! My uncle goes every year and he has never had an issue, I am very sorry that it happened, but it would not stop me from going back.
Because we were such a large group, I got to see many of the rooms and some were remodeled and others weren't. The one we stayed in was remodeled, but did not have high-end finishes like some of the others, but to be honest, we were only in there to sleep and eat. The one thing I would recommend if you are planning on eating in, is to make sure that the unit has a stove. This would have been an issue for us if we hadn't had other rooms to use.
If you are looking for a great place to relax and get away from it all, this is the place, it is absolutely gorgeous!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands