We rented condo D207 through VRBO for 5 days/4 nights. The deciding factors were location & cost. SBR is conveniently located on the east end, close to the Red Hook ferry & restaurants. We originally planned on staying at the Marriott Frenchman because of the modern feel and ammenities but glad we didn't bc we rarely stayed onsite and saved a lot of $$ that we used towards our excursions.
Pool - warm water, sandy
Banana Cabana - gross, dirty
Dive shop - just reopened a few days ago; good snorkeling but at your own risk bc there's no lifeguard on duty
Transportation - you can walk up a very steep hill to catch the safari taxi for $1 ride to Redhook or call for a taxi at the main bldg
If the condo association would get their act together, this property would be a gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands