If you've been reading many of the reviews for this resort, you're likely getting mixed results. Some love it, others not so much. I'll attempt to break it down a bit for you. What used to be a resort now seems to have been stratafied and most of the condos are privately owned. We rented directly from the owner through VRBO (unit B106). Her condo was wonderful - very nicely renovated, very modern and clean. There was a very comfortable king bed and a nice pull out sofa bed where our 2 kids slept. The kitchen facilities were perfect for preparing our own meals and the blender was kept busy with the daquiries! However, the fact that it was literally ON the beach and within 50 yards of the water was the biggest bonus and simply made the trip for us. The rest of the resort, however, is not as nicely kept. The outside of some of the buildings are showing some age, but appear to be under revitalization. The restaurant and bar are no longer open, but there is a small stand between the buildings where you can get sandwiches and drinks. The pool is not fancy, but clean and well kept. The beach, however, is second to none. They say it's the nicest on St Thomas and I have to agree. It has soft white sand, and coral reefs right out front which made for amazing snorkeliing - turtles, rays and reef fish all accessable with a short swim from the beach. The only reason I selected "very good" rather than "excellent" was due to the lack of amenities and exterior of some of the buildings.
So, in summary, if you're looking for a 5 star place where you'll be catered to, keep looking. If you're looking for a beautiful condo with an amazing beach to hang out at and do your own thing, you've found it. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands