My friends and I stayed for 5 nights at Sapphire Beach in November. We had a great experience. The unit we stayed in had a very comfortable king bed and a pull out couch. Additionally there was an air mattress that was available as well that we used for a few nights. We had a full kitchenette that was fully equipped for self catering, indoor and outdoor tables for four, two flat screen digital televisions with satellite TV, a newly renovated bathroom with his and her sinks as well as nice little extras - snorkel gear, coolers, other things for the beach, etc. We also had a balcony.
This was a great place to suit our needs. We self catered breakfast everyday (what a view for your morning coffee!) and had our other meals elsewhere. Options on this beach for food are very limited, so you should be prepared to self cater, have a rental car or pay for taxis to get to Red Hook for meals. The roads are very dangerous to walk, but it did seem it would be possible to walk to Red Hook along a pathway in the road - we never tried it. The resort area is also serviced on a local Safari vehicle route with rides for $1 - again, never tried it.
I realize this place gets incredibly mixed reviews because your experience is dependent on the building you are in. There are 5 buildings - A - E and the building we stayed in, D, seemed to be the only one that was fully renovated. Active construction work is going on during the day on the property but is not disruptive. In my opinion, the views from building D are the best but all units across the property appeared to have beach front balconies.
We had tons of fun, loved the views and I would definitely stay here again. We booked through homeaway.com and there are several Sapphire properties listed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands