The best thing going for the Sapphire Beach Resort is the LOCATION! You can literally take a few steps from your room and be in the ocean. The beach itself is full of seaweed that washes ashore but they have grounds keepers in the morning that rake it up. Now for the bad part. There is no bar or restaurant on the premises except a lowly snack hut located between buildings that serve hot dogs, sandwiches, burgers, fruits and muffins. We got a free breakfast voucher each day we stayed that entitled you to a couple of snacks and coffee but that's it. The pool is huge and well kept but the bar is in tatters! The reason that this place has been in shambles is the fact that the existing buildings that are on the premises which are supposed to be the restaurant and bar are damaged due to frequent hurricanes and are owned by different owners. The hotel has been in legal battles with these owners over the years and it appears they have not come to an agreement. It is a shame quite frankly because this place has so much potential if it were managed and organized a little better. They need to be bought out by a big hotel chain and given a once over and revamped top to bottom... I mean using one of the guest rooms as the check in desk is pretty tacky don't ya think? And the hotel lobby is disgraceful! The room where we stayed is decently sized, they gave us a complimentary bottle of Cruzan rum which is a nice touch and a welcome sight, but they do have a terrible mildew problem and the smell will stick to your clothes and go home with you! The bed sheets stayed considerably moist due in part because of humidity and air conditioning hence the mildew smells. The staff is very courteous but not attentive. There was supposed to be free WiFi in the rooms per the description on Priceline but they said that their wireless router was broken. Lol! So there you have it, the beach will be the only thing great about this hotel, the other things need to be worked on. When it will be fixed who knows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands