The condo was well appointed, clean, spacious and the lower patio was 17 steps from wet sand!
It was on the East end of the island near Red Hook, away from the maddening cruise ship and city crowds of Charlotte Amalie!
We stayed in bldg E which adjoins the marina. This was farther from the principal beach, but that meant more privacy (Sapphire Beach is popular to snorkelers) and our place was much closer to the water. We also liked being on the ground floor for simplest/fastest beach/water access. The rates for this area are slightly lower as well--yea!
The condo included a sleeping area with a king size bed and dresser, a dining area that seated 4, living room with full size couch that could be pulled out for sleeping and side chair, a kitchen with full-size fridge, and full bath with double vanities. Also had a covered upper patio with dinette set for 4, and a lower uncovered porch with lounge chairs and table, where we watched sunrises daily. Happened to be there for oversized full moons too--cool! Parking was simple and close. There were some minor maintenance issues, which were corrected the same day we reported them.
The split-level pool was nice, but the snorkeling right off the beach was fantastic and we swam in the sea most of the time. Saw a 4-foot manta right outside our condo, and off the main beach (3-minute walk) we saw turtles grazing in sea grasses, and lots of fish and corals adjacent to the peninsula.
We shopped at the grocery stores in Red Hook (the one farther down on Hwy 30 had better produce, selection, and prices) and cooked most of out meals. However, the Azure Pool Bar on the property had truly delicious food, and there was a hut on the beach throughout the morning/day where we got decent freshly grilled mahi sandwiches and assorted rum drinks.
The place also had water activity rentals and vendors on site--very handy. And if you wanted other resort amenities such as spa/massage, trip assistance, etc.
I would have given this condo a 5-star rating, as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay--left off one star because of the maintenance requirements and bedsprings were somewhat sprung; but that may be my "continental standards" showing. Overall it was very nice, the price was very reasonable, and there was a gratis bottle of rum in the room for us on arrival, so ...we can definitely recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands