We stayed at the Point Pleasant Beach Resort for the first time 7/12-7/19/14, booked through Cheap Caribbean. There is new management at the resort but because we booked in the winter the old management company handled our check in, they are very disorganized and glad to see that the resort will now have the new management company... who are AWESOME!!! Once we checked in the new management co. took over helping us. Anthony and Aaron are great and will help with anything you need or want to do. They always had a smile and made us feel very well taken care of. Our room was more than we could hope for (B19) the views and wrap around deck were incredible. The room was very nicely furnished and had everything we could need. The resort is built on a hill so you need to be able to do steps. They do offer a shuttle around the resort and to Red Hook and local beaches. Willie and Charlie are the shuttle drivers and do a great job.
Tips and things we did.
*Sugar beach at the resort is very nice and quiet. We did a little snorkeling there. Reserve the kayaking tour through the resort 9-11am really fun.
* If you go to Coki Beach, don't go when there is a cruise ship in, very crowded. Or go early morning or late afternoon when that crowd is gone.
* Sapphire Beach is nice, walk down to the right away from the public beach, They have a nice pool and beach bar too. Good snorkeling to the right. We ate lunch twice at Panga, Loved the Conch fritters, burgers and chicken wrap
* Places we ate in Red Hook and didn't have a bad meal. Fish Trap for great seafood, Caribbean Saloon has really good steaks,
* Definitely go to St. John. Take the ferry out of Red Hook. we did 3 trips over during our week.
St. John is laid back and 75% of the island is National park.
* Once off ferry get a taxi $5. to Caneel Bay, There is a public trail at the resort to Honeymoon Beach. You can rent kayaks, paddle boards. Great snorkeling and beautiful quiet beach. (7 minute walk on a nice trail wide trail) Stop at the Caneel Bay, Sunset bar for a drink on the way back, beautiful setting.
* St. John: Cinnamon Bay Large beautiful beach. Rentals, Food... $6. taxi
* St. John: Trunk Bay, go on a day there are no Cruise Ships. GREAT snorkeling trail and beautiful beach. $6. Taxi Food, and rentals
St. John Happy hour and places we ate: Happy hour at Virgin Fire in Mongoose Junction..good apps and drinks. Had dinner twice at High Tide in Cruz Bay. 4-7 Happy Hour had the Jerk Chicken and Teriyaki Steak both were delicious.
* Beach Bar for happy hour and sandwiches and apps. On the beach in Cruz Bay. Great for sunset..fun bar great drinks..tried the drink the painkiller.(like an unfrozen pina coloda, sprinkled with nutmeg, Dangerously good! A resident has a pig that likes to take a swim just before sunset, his name is Ziggy, Really funny.
* Time the ferry back to St. Thomas right, and you have a sunset cruise. 7pm
* Take a later ferry and see the stars. Saw my first shooting star.
Had a great vacation, Point Pleasant staff couldn't have been better, would high recommend the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your own private paradise at Point Pleasant Resort, operated by Akers Ellis Resort Management. Situated on a 15-acre hillside preserve, the resort overlooks beautiful Water Bay, the Caribbean Sea, and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands. Experience unmatched service from the resort's team of professionals with over 30 years of service and knowledge of the island. The villas are independently owned but attractively designed. With several room types from which to choose, discovering suitable accommodations is guaranteed. Each spacious villa features a fully equipped kitchen, A/C, cable TV, WIFI, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and ocean views from private balconies. Guests indulge in on-resort recreation and water sports plus three swimming pools, including the very private resort middle terrace pool which has breathtaking views. We also have our own small, private and secluded beach located at the end of a short nature trail. Our activity staff also conducts weekly beach trips to Magens Bay by shuttle and to Jost Van Dyke by boat. The resort is also home to a spa and a waterfront bar and restaurant. The resort makes it easy to forgo the rental car expense. Guests are provided complimentary transportation around the resort and throughout the east end of St. Thomas. Grocery delivery is available. Point Pleasant Resort is located on the east end of St. Thomas just five minutes from Red Hook, home to the ferry boats to neighboring islands and the best nightlife and restaurants on the island. Just one mile away is the number one tourist attraction and best snorkeling beach on St. Thomas: Coral World and Coki Beach. One mile in the other direction is beautiful and peaceful Lindquist Beach. Magens Bay and Little Magens Bay beaches are located just 5 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Point Pleasant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antilles Point Pleasant Hotel East End
- Point Pleasant Hotel
- Hotel Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands