All reviewsmurphy bedcaribbean fish marketcowpet bayfull kitchenstudio kingyacht clubrented a carsmall fridgethe ritz carltonst thomaspool barcasual restaurantgranite countertopsgreat poolwater toysgrocery storevirgin islands
Reviewed March 3, 2008

The condo's at Elysian was not at all what I expected. Our condo was dirty. The floor, ceiling fan, microwave and stove was filthy. The faucet in the kitchen had rust and corosian around it. It was infested with mesquitos and fleas. We ran out of water and at one time the toilet wouldn't flush.
We stayed at the Elysian Beach Resort because we had a timeshare with Fairfield/Wynham Discovery Vacation. Fairfield if you want to save your name , you need to not be a part of Elysian Beach Resort.
Vacationers stay away!!!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you.

I am still itching from the flea bites

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank itchy8
Reviewed February 26, 2008

My parents have a timeshare at the Elysian. This was our second visit. The pros... there is a beach and nice pool. Make sure you have bug spray because at sunset the noseeums will get you. Roberts and Anslyes the two onsite restaurants are very good. The rooms are not so great. Killer steps! Not really all that clean. Front desk is no help. Make sure you get beach towels the night before. Beach towels were not always available. My room had lots of flying insets and every day I would wake up with bites. Water in the sink was always yellow. They claimed that it was safe to drink....?????

Great places to eat...
Off the Hook- Red Bank
Indigo-Megans Point Hotel
Roberts-Elysian

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank danibell1022
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Some of the previous reviews of this resort had us a little nervous before our arrival. However I have to say we were pleasantly surprised by practically every aspect of the resort. I will agree there is one girl who works the front desk that may be the rudest person I had ever met (that is until I had the opportunity to meet elly the AA filght attendant on the return flight). Beyond that though the place was clean and well landscaped and we found help whenever we asked. I know people have complained about the proximity of the rooms to the beach and pool but we spent a day at the Ritz and can tell you their rooms are even further away. The east end is hilly and these properties are cut into the hills so a little walking is going to be part of it anywhere. The place isn't super kid friendly-we traveled with a 4 and 1 year old-but they found the beach and pool to be plenty entertaining. Both the pool and beach are very clean and beautiful. There is some decent snorkeling if you swim out to the left of the beach near the rocks. You do have to rent all of the equipment, paddle boats etc. but again this isn' the Ritz and you get what you pay for. Robert's is decent if not a little overpriced-the staff there is great and the bar is fun at night. If you are going to travel around the island definitely rent a car. The cabs are expensive. ex. Red Hook is about a 5 minute ride-for a couple it will cost you $30 round trip plus tip. You can find some rental cars for $50 per day-rent from the airport and you will save $80 -100 in transfers.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Capetodd
Reviewed February 10, 2008

I wish I had known of this site before I planned my trip to St. Thomas. No one or site gave me “real people” feedback/information. Fairfield online didn’t have a floor plan for Elysian and the unit (Studio/Double) was smaller and limited from what I expected for other Fairflield studios. The kitchenette was a joke. No counter space for the toaster or dishes (service for 2) that I found stored in the microwave oven after I picked up bowls at a store. I requested a blender from housekeeping which appeared new but didn’t work! Limited space for the coffee maker (filters supplied but no coffee).

If you’re just planning to hang out and relax at the resort than you can get by without renting a car. However, if you need to return to the airport before 8a.m. a taxi can cost $75-80. Excursions are offered by a company called New Horizons but you do have to pay for a taxi to get to the departure site(s). Elysian offers shuttle service to a grocery store and shopping center and again you pay for the taxi. Everything at Elysian has a price – fitness center, internet (which wasn’t working when I was there), laundry room ($2.50 each for washer and dryer). I don’t know what the fee was to use the ATM, but it wasn’t working and I was told it was suppose to be removed. There’s a gift shop/store on site and prices are double what you pay in the states. There’s also an energy surcharge ($9. per person, per day) and a government tax fee.

Fairfield’s information states that the resort is 9 miles from the airport. It’s more like 15. The grocery store I found was not one mile from the resort, but four. And, again, prices are double. The roads are narrow, hilly, curvy and lack street lights.

My unit was on the third floor, so I had a good view of the ocean. Unfortunately, my unit was on the top of a hill which meant I had to walk down a hill to get to any of the amenities. Going down wasn’t a problem, coming back up was strenuous.

Two restaurants are on site and Robert’s Bar and Grill has wonderful food. I tell family/friends Fairfield has the best resorts, but Elysian Beach was a big disappointment

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank RLC411
Reviewed January 23, 2008

My family and a couple friends went to St. Thomas a few weeks ago (over New Years Eve--the 4 "kids" --ages 17-20) and stayed at the Elysian Beach Resort.... hands down this was the best vacation ever!! Everyone was friendly, the food was EXCELLENT... especially the drinks that Page made! The beach was so relaxing and beautiful. I loved it so much that I'm moving to the Island.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family