All reviewsmurphy bedcaribbean fish marketcowpet bayfull kitchenstudio kingyacht clubrented a carsmall fridgethe ritz carltonst thomaspool barcasual restaurantgranite countertopsgreat poolwater toysgrocery storevirgin islands
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Enjoyed this resort during the second week in May 2012. Wyndham took over the property and is doing a great job at renovations. We stayed in a studio which was more than adequate. We spent so little time in the room because the resort, pool, beach, and onsite casual bar are so welcoming you don't want to go back to the room. Staff was excellent; bartenders very friendly. Great pizza at Sangria, "Z Wacker" best coctail at the poolside bar; Carribean Fish Market had the best, freshest fish I've ever tasted.

If you stay and choose to visit the activities hut, sign up for the snorkeling trips. The all-inclusive was great with two different snorkeling sites and hot lunch buffet served onboard. Best was the BVI snorkeling trip. Capt Leslie, Mooose, adn Marcus made the trip exceptional. We were all a little quiet at the start of the day, but by the end of the trip everyone was dancing and having a great time on the boat. Painkillers were flowing and we even got 'noodled'. Take the trip and you will find out what that means. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cass B
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Where do I start?
-$22 a day energy fee! For what the power went out for an entire night and I was sweating more than I do when I do Bikram Yoga!
-The cable went out the second night of our stay and never came back on for the duration of our trip! And when I called to complain they said the cable was out on the island, which was a lie because I went next door to the Ritz and watched the game!
-They dont clean the rooms daily without a fee which is just nasty!

+The pool is very nice
+The beach is nice as well!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We chose this location because of it's proximaty to the Ferry Terminal in Red Hook. We needed to get to St. John for our son's wedding on May 9th. I was a bit anxious after reading so many negative reviews on-line. It was all for naught. We had an amazing stay. We had two adjoining units, one for our son, wife and two toddlers and a unit with a full kitchen for ourselves. When they told us we had a Murphy bed in our unit we panicked, once again all for naught. The bed was extremely comfortable and when put up gave us a spacious sitting area to gather in for our meals. One night we were 14 for dinner and it was very comfortable. The kids loved the beach so much so that they didn't want to leave even to go to the Marriott where our other son was staying with the "big water slide." The staff was great. They called twice to just to check how our stay was going. I don't know what the big deal was about getting beach and bath towels. We'd walk to the desk anytime of the day and get fresh ones whenever we wanted. The waitress at the Sangria cafe was a doll. Gave us a rundown of the island a great service. FYI their conch fritters are yummo!!! I would have given this resort a 5 but for a couple of items, The kitchen needed just a couple of items to make it easier to prepare our meals, A skillet and a baking sheet would have been most helpful. Outside of that our stay was perfect and yes, we were all bitten by the skeeters but I won't hold that against the resort as some reviewers did....duh! The air conditioner was noisey but luckily we were able to turn it off just before falling asleep and were perfectly comfortable. Thanks to all at the resort. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you find it difficult climbing stairs as for a room at ground level because they don't have elevators. I personally loved that I could get some exercise everyday.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Grace O
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We had rolling blackouts for the entire time we were at the hotel, and our water would stop running as well. We ate dinner in the dark, using our iPhones for light. We sat at the beachside restaurant for 4 hours waiting for the credit card machine to come back up. We were charged $22 per day for an energy fee, when we had no electricity or running water. We were not once offered any kind of compensation for having such bad experiences. The generator was broken, and when we confronted the office about being charged the $22 per day fee, we were told that we were wrong and the generator was not broken and we did have electricity. We were offended by the way they spoke to us. Taxis charged us $90 to get service to the airport before 7 am.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank K M
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Laura is the morning server at the Sangria Cafe. This girl was absolutely amazing. Aside from her beautiful personality that made me feel I knew her my whole life. She was an awesome person to find out the happenings around the island. Through her exceptional service and great personality she made our time spent memorable. Thank you Laura, I miss our morning chit chats. The biggest recommendation she gave was for us to try out the Caribbean Fish Market located on Elysian Resort. We had yet another outstanding meal and being that it was our last on Island we were glad she steered us over there. Much love from the Beaudette's will be back to see you soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple