$225
$203
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)(Great Value!)
$286
TripAdvisor
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$494
$245
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas(St. Thomas)(Great Value!)
$319
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
$399
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$139
TripAdvisor
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
HotelQuickly
1,295 results
All reviewsall inclusive packagejapanese restauranthibachi grillswim up barbumper boatssushimanor houseomelet stationwrapsiguana feedingocean view roomtop shelfnegative reviewsthe general managerbring water shoesthe pool and beach areathursday night
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

It was a great stay, very relaxing good location and service, Is great that we can see local musicians at the bar and pool, all the cultural attractions are very important to value the VI environment that is gorgeous

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol z
Berneta A, General Manager at Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear Carol z,

Thank you taking the time to write and post this review about Sugar Bay Resort and Spa to TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had an awesome customer service experience with us.

Thank you for choosing Sugar Bay Resort and Spa for your recent vacation to St. Thomas and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your next peaceful getaway in paradise.

On behalf of Ronald Maidens, General Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are not big resort people. We prefer the privacy of renting a VRBO or small hotel when we go to an island.
So how we ended up here was because our flight was cancelled and the airline put us here for the night.
The resort was lovely but food was expensive. We had food vouchers from the airline that didn't even cover a fraction of the costs. We had $6 each for breakfast and the breakfast buffet here was $23 per person plus gratuity. We can usually eat breakfast for $6 each easily off a resort. But that is something to be taken up with our airline.
With food and drink prices here, your best option is to do the AI or if not, rent a car and eat off resort.
The beach was too small IMO for the resort but pretty. Most people seemed to be in the pool anyway.
The staff was lovely. No complaints with the staff.
Now my biggest complaint is all the plastic straws... there were straws all over the beach.
If you aren't familiar with the hazards of straws that make their way into the ocean, please Google it and be part of the change. A large resort like this on the ocean should be working to eliminate that! While I sat on the beach for a few minutes, I saw 5 straws just around my beach chair. I picked them up and threw them away but who knows how many of those make it in the ocean. Not everyone knows or cares about the dangers, but everyone should. :(
I hope the resort will read this and start making those changes. I haven't been to a resort in a few years but I hope this is not the norm for the majority.
If not for the straws, I would have given another star.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Our first stay here for a mini break . Wow was fantastic , mainly due to the really helpful staff. The pool bar staff served us despite being closed which these days is a rarity. Food fantastic esp the cook at your table Japanese resturant. We had one of our best evenings even with the group around the Benihana table . So impressed just booking another stay!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NickBlaireLee

Dear NickBlaireLee,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of Sugar Bay Resort and Spa to TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent customer service experience with us. We're especially pleased to hear that you had an amazing time at Shima.

On behalf of Ronald Maidens, General Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2017

My husband had a kid free week long time away at Sugar Bay. We chose the all inclusive and are very glad we did! The food was great but, there isn't really a place to eat off the resort without paying for a taxi. Our room was great and well kept! My expectations were not extremely high and everything passed them. My husband and I had a great and relaxing week but the best part was the staff. SO many people we were amazing but just to name a few - Kierra was an amazing greeter. She is so positive and exudes great customer service. Morgan was always upbeat and great while he was around the bar area. Ryan was a brand new bartender in the Japanese area and he was so great. He is definitely a keeper! Then there is Kingsley - Kingsley is responsible for keeping the pools cleaned and worked Monday-Friday. The pools on those days were AMAZING, unfortunately, the days he was not there you could tell a huge difference. All of these amazing employees made our stay great and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brookelesan
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I would like to thank every single employee at sugar bay who made my father and I feel so comfortable and welcome. I give this place an A+ when it comes to customer service. I love love love Cora Hanley she especially made us feel right at home and overall a very kind individual. Sugar bay is lucky to have her!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Iman A,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of Sugar Bay Resort and Spa to TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had an exceptional customer service experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge Cora Hanley and we'll be sure to extend your kind words to her.

On behalf of the General Manager