“Just average, over priced”
Review of Pesce Italian

Pesce Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Pesce Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in East End
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh Seafood, Homemade Pastas, Local Ingredients - the best Italian cuisine in the Caribbean! Witness the FRESH in-house pasta being made at the live action pasta station as you enter the restaurant!Your server will expertly guide you through a menu of classic Italian dishes comprised of only the highest quality and freshest of ingredients including local line-caught fish.Experience for your self the now famous Osso Bucco Milanese, with its flavor and tenderness that can only be exceeded by the excellence in wine offered to accompany it.
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The appetizer was good but the pasta was boring. For $27 I expect a pasta dish to be outstanding, mine was boring. Had to add red pepper flakes to give it some taste.

Service was excellent. When we said the food was boring he actually asked what he could do to fix it rather than the usual response of "I'm sorry" which means nothing.

There are newer reviews for Pesce Italian

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very nice experience. Family members had gnocchi with bolognese sauce, eggplant parmigiana, chicken st Lucia, which is a lightly breaded, lightly fried, humongous chicken cutlet folded over and filled with ricotta cheese, mahi over penne pasta and a lobster over linguine, all top notch. The kitchen flowed well and our server, Liz was very nice. We shared a kahlua cake made from scratch by Judy. $224 for 5 people with soft drinks, no alcohol , gratuity included is pretty good on St Thomas.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Please cross this off your list of possible restaurants to visit during your vacation. First, we called and got reservations. When we got there, the hostess wanted to seat us in a small room between the bar and main diningroom that had about 3 total tables all unoccupied and had the kitchen door on one side of the room and the servers station on the other side. I asked for a better table and was told that they had a big party in the main diningroom. When we requested a table in the bar instead a table suddenly became available in the main diningroom. There was a party of 6 and another of 4 in there. No other people showed up at any time. However, the main problem was that the food was terrible. My husband ordered a seafood pasta that was to have white wine sauce and tomatoes. Well, it must have been cooking for a long time like a stew. The seafood was like rubber and that "white wine sauce" was definately red and too spicy because it had been cooking for so long. My lobster ravioli tasted like flour and was also rubbery. The filling was some type of tasteless cheese with seafood. It may have had some lobster in it. I am not sure. The sauce on that was also terrible. It was like perfumey tasting. Of course, the server never asked us how our food was because I am sure that she knew that it was bad. The bill did, of course, arrive = $97.50. That included the 2 entrees above and a drink each. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this place.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Close to our hotel, reasonably priced. Chicken Marsala was outstanding!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I dined at Pesce and were pleasantly surprised. One doesn't necessarily expect good Italian food while on a Caribbean island. The service was excellent. The waitress thoroughly explained all the specials from memory and was able to answer any question that we presented to her with ease. At the recommendation of our waitress, we started with the lobster ravioli and were not disappointed. She also recommended a good bottle of wine that would pair well with both my husband's veal dish and my frutti di mare. My husband noted that his veal was tender and full of flavor. My dish was filled with a wide assortment of seafood and plenty of it. The wine sauce could have used a bit more garlic and flavor but was very good overall.

1  Thank NatalieExplores