Flamboyan on the Bay Resort & Villas
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$202
$196
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$139
  • Pool
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
$569
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$305
$224
$161
$129
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$597
Elvoline
Secret Harbour Beach Resort(Benner)(Great Value!)
$286
TripAdvisor
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$463
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmagens pointpoint resortactivities directorupper poolst thomasa great vacationbeautiful viewlaid backloriislandhillstovecruise
Reviewed October 13, 2012

First a disclaimer... I am a travel snob as my expectations are high due to traveling 40+ weeks a year with my career. Be warned that there are no elevators so it isn't the ideal place if mobility is an issue. My 77 yo grandmother owns a timeshare on the second floor but hasn't been in many years. Upon our arrival, it was apparant that she wouldn't be able to handle the stairs so we asked to be moved. Initially, the front desk lady wasn't accomodating insisting that she knew there were no elevators when she purchased the unit (15 years ago). The next day, Viola got us set up with a ground floor unit.

My mother became severely ill in the middle of the night and we attempted to go to the emergency room in our rental car; however, once outside (3 am) there were no security lights on making it pitch black. We decided to wait until daylight to take her.

Overall, our stay was pleasant with exception of the initial hickups. The resort is very QUAINT. It is older and in desperate need of some repair. I didn't get in the pool but it was nice. We'll def be back to St Thomas but am not crazy about returning to Magens Point Resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank brookiej1
Reviewed September 15, 2012

very unsafe! i was robbed twice at this resort and the managers were very unsympathetic. three are cats all over the premises and it's very rowdy at night. one of the employees was banging on my door in the middle of the night and asking me on dates (old enough to be my father). freezing showers. roaches. mold. huge dissapointment

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank luxE5
beachviews, Owner at Flamboyan on the Bay Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

I thought you had already voiced these opinions a few months back, but you have now posted a newspaper clipping without any explanation so for the sake of clarification I would like to say:

1) You left our resort angry because we refused to pay for the tires that were supposedly stolen from the hotel's parking lot, even though it is posted everywhere, like it is posted in every public parking anywhere in the islands and in the States, that you park at your own risk. You were already angry because you had had to pay a big deductible for an incident with your car at the Pueblo Supermarket parking, and promised to discredit my resort anywhere and everywhere if I did not cover the $500 deductible that would have to come out of your pocket to replace the tires. Until that day, you loved to stay at Magens, and were about to renew your lease.

2) It is very discouraging that you post the news about a robbery at gunpoint and compare it to the robbery of two of your tires. My Front Desk clerk and my security guard's lives were at stake that day, so I can't even begin to think how they compare. And while I do not wish to harm the tourism business of these islands that are my livelihood, it would have been fair that you then posted all the other robberies, murders and crimes that have happened on this island in the last year, not just at my resort.

Also, please be informed that for liability reasons there aren't any hotels on this island that hire armed security at any given time.

3) If you did not notify Management about someone (?) knocking at your door during late hours to harass you (?) we do not read minds, and hence you can't expect us to address a PROBLEM THAT WE DID NOT KNOW EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

4) We are part of a Humane Society Cat Cafe program, it is not secret, we even have it on our website and we have a small donations box at the Front Desk. You knew there were cats in the resort, you stated they did not bother you... I guess until I did not cover that insurance deductible.

You stayed at Magens for several months. You always said you loved it. You even said you liked it because it kept you away from party loving peers. You more than anyone witnessed the amount of renovation --and the transformation-- it underwent during that time. My resort is undeserving of your vilification campaign just because I did not cover the $500 of your insurance deductible.

Regardless, we will continue to move forward, and our staff is deserving of kudos also! For the past two years we have worked diligently at fixing Magens. We still have another year of very hard work, but Magens is slowly stepping into the 21rst century, and while we do not aspire to be a luxurious place, we are certainly a charming, quiet, unpretentious hotel, with the friendliest staff, and with 5 star service, bar none.

Mercedes Shelby
Owner

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was a wonderful stay during the slow season. I came down during the storm season of September 2012 and has a wonderful time. I must comment the staff at the frond desk. The ladies that checked me in and assisted me during my stay were wonderful. Thanks to Wanda and the entire staff. Let me not for the bar staff !

The draw backs to the resort were the folllowing:
1. The Couch needed to be cleaned
2. The shower grout need to be redone.

Lastly Tom was a great help with directions and things to do. One fellow that I cannot forget is " J " a wonker at the resort provided great local directions and assistance.

Room Tip: No tip for this resort !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Magens Point Resort made me feel like home. I went there with my boyfriend over labor day weekend, the people working there were very friendly and helpful. It has one of the most beautiful views i have ever seen. Made me want to go back and i am already planning my nest visit!!

Room Tip: I advise you to stay in the villas. Big, comfortable, perfect view, and being renewed so they look very modern!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

All the staff, including Tom were very nice at this place. Big thanks to Tom for the aloe after a day of getting burned. The housekeeping staff, the bartenders and everyone else was always very nice and helpful. One thing I did not like were the prices at the Cup and Cork store on the hotel property. It was $9 for bacon and all the food was up there pretty good with the price. The cigarettes and liquor though, were very cheap. That was nice with us being smokers. The pool was beautiful, the location of our room was ideal. (Room 322) We were close to the gate for going to the beach, close to the store, the pool, the hottub everything. It was really nice. The view of Magen's Bay from our balcony was so nice. I loved the location! The food at the bar was pretty expensive, but the food everywhere here was really expensive. If you go, you must take more than $1500 to at least do things on the island. The beach of Magen's bay was about 1/2 mile down the road. An easy walk down, but coming up, never made it. I did not want to walk the little hill. The taxis will kill you with the price because they charge per person and you will spend at least $16 to go anywhere on the island nearby, except the beach on Magen's bay. The taxi drivers were all very nice though. Brewer's bay was really nice and peaceful. The airport taxi will cost you at least $30 to get to Magen's point, but that is only because it is from the airport. Once you are downtown, you can take the safari to just about anywhere for $1 a person, so take advantage of that while down there. Everyone at the hotel will tell you to eat at Brook's bar, but we never had a chance. The night we did go, they did not accept debit, and we forgot cash. Plus they have no menu, they just tell you what they have. But everyone says it is really good. Mahogany Run restaurant, The Grille, is pretty good, but a little pricey, but not as pricey as Fish Tails in Red Hook. The food was really good, but we did not expect to spend so much, but if it is not cigarettes or liquor, you are going to pay! Everyone seemed so nice and friendly down there. When you are downtown you will come across the "flea market" but they have really great things, so before you buy souvenirs from the few stores that sell them on Main street, look at the flea market, because I guarantee you will find something. The room was really nice and the housekeeping staff kept it clean for us, but the water pressure is awful. But I assume it is that way all over the island because they have to conserve water.
Overall, I think this hotel was perfect for us on our honeymoon. But the bed needs to be mounted to the wall, because if you sit on it, it can slide across the floor. The bed was really comfy too, by the way, but I have a herniated disk and had to sleep in the living room chair. I really liked this place because it seemed like the staff genuinely wanted to make sure you were happy there.

Room Tip: Room 322 is the perfect location to everything at the hotel, plus has an awesome view of Magen's Bay!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple