Review Highlights

Another perfect day!

Reviewed August 16, 2018
Cale B
Davidson, North Carolina

All reviews jost van dyke soggy dollar perfect captain boat excursion peter island st john an amazing experience beach bar day trip willy t great snorkeling sea turtles his knowledge vi baths itinerary beanbags
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

A group of friends and our small children chartered a boat through CrewZen in July 2018. It was the day before a tropical storm came which is still a touchy subject in USVI. We are from Baltimore and are very familiar with boats. The way that the captain navigated high swells was so impressive. I’ve never seen anything like it. If I didn’t know better, I wouldn’t have known the water was rough at all! Plus, Kevin was great - super friendly but also not loud. He was wonderful with the kids. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Our second trip with Capt. Kevin and CrewZen VI! The second was just as good as the first. We essentially repeated the first trip from 2016. We were humbled by the devastation, especially on Tortola and JVD but they are open for business and are welcoming tourists. The bars are open people! Call Capt. Kev and get yourself a painkiller!
Read my previous review for our itinerary from 2016.
Thanks again Kevin!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have taken a trip to the Caribbean many times now and have taken multiple charters while down there to see different islands, beaches, snorkel and swim with the wildlife. Our favorite so far had been with Crewzen IV. We have used them twice and had an amazing experience each time...so much fun. Kevin, our captain and owner of Crewzen charters, was extremely knowledgeable of the Caribbean, he was laid back while also helping us feel safe and comfortable each trip. He brought us places you would not be able to experience without someone of his knowledge. We spent time swimming with stingrays, sea turtles, large fish! We had lunch at Cooper Island...amazing! Often times we had secluded beaches to ourselves (such as Peter Island or the little baths). We have done basically all of the beaches and many of the specialty spots down there...yet Kevin finds us new and exciting places to experience. He can throw together an itinerary for you or give you options for what you are interested in. My wife and I plan on making the trip to the Caribbean every spring...and an excursion with Crewzen IV is definite in our plans each and every year.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

After chartering another boat that had to cancel due to engine trouble, we were lucky to have Captain Kevin with CrewZen take us out for the day! Our first stop was a deserted beach on St John where we snorkeled while he took care of all of our paperwork so we could go to the BVI. It was a beautiful spot to snorkel...we saw sea turtles, sting rays, and various fish. Then we took a short ride to Jost Van Dyke where we had lunch at Foxy's! Fun place! Foxys had the best Painkillers ever! To top it off we went to Soggy Dollar for more fun and drinks! Thank you Captain Kevin for a lifetime memory!

Reviewed July 4, 2018

Kevin was able to take us out on short notice after another charter had boat trouble - and we were lucky to get him! Perfect day on the water! He gave us recommendations that matched up with places we wanted to visit and also a couple extras. We snorkeled off Norman Island and visited the club and beach there, and then went to Peter Island, site of the new Willy-T for lunch and jumping! We toured around the BVIs and stopped at Sandy Spit. Then Kevin took us to our fave - White Bay and Soggy Dollar for a perfect afternoon visit. Kevin was great about answering my questions about local geography and places of interest. We were traveling with three adventurous teens and Kevin was great about making it a fun, easygoing but jampacked day! Awesome memories!

Reviewed April 24, 2018

DISCLAIMER: This review was from a vacation in May 2016.
I don't often write reviews on sites like this, I really should more often...so here goes.
Best friend and I wanted to splurge and take our wives on a day of island hopping. So at the recommendation of one of our favorite Cornelius, NC bar owners, we booked with Capt. Kevin. A great caveat to his service is that fuel is included in the price, which was a money saver. The only way the day could have gone better was if there was 36 hours that day instead of 24. We just didn't want it to end.
We were renting in Tortola, and he picked us up in West End. We already had an itinerary established through texting so we knew exactly how to maximize the fun and stay on schedule.
First stop was to Sandy Spit, a tiny little island of the cost of JVD with a BEAUTIFUL beach. We hung out there, did some snorkeling, swimming, drinking, listened to music and just took in the scenery. We literally hung out on a deserted island, nothing on it but the sand and some vegetation.
We stayed there until around 10am when the bars opened on JVD. We wanted to hit them all, and we did. Foxy's in Great Harbour, then Soggy Dollar and all the ones in White Bay as well as Ivan's. Capt. Kev played the role of timekeeper, he kept us on schedule to meet all of our objectives.
After JVD, it was off to The Bite of Norman Island where the infamous floating bar/restaurant Willie T was anchored. We had drinks, jumped from the top deck and met some fun people. A great way to end an even greater day, and the best vacation we've ever experienced!
We have booked another vacation to St. John for the end of July 2018. With a single text, another day is booked with Capt. Kevin and CrewZen VI. No doubt it'll be the highlight of this trip as well.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

My family and I, ages 42, 15, 14, and 12 are frequent cruisers and absolutely LOVE all things Caribbean! We've been on charters in St. Thomas, St. Martin, Cozumel and Tortola and would HIGHLY recommend Kevin and CrewZen VI Charters! Everything from the pre-cruise bookings/communication to our first encounter and the memorable hours that followed were PERFECT! Captain Kevin was attentive, informative, and a ton of fun...we have been to St. Thomas more than ten times, and this day trip beach/bar hopping throughout the BVI's was unique and unforgettable...The boat and snorkeling equipment were clean, the beanbags, comfy, and the boat had plenty of canopy for us north-easterners....it cut through the historical swells and waves like butter and Kevin was the perfect Captain, teaching my very eager 15 year old son along the way. Lunch at Hendo's Hideout was delicious, and the drinks along the way refreshing! Kevin even joined the family for a competitive beach volleyball game or two versus some young college kids on spring break:) We finished the day seeing the destruction that this past summer's hurricane season did to the island and its surrounding lands...the day couldn't have been any better and I thank you, Kevin, for helping to create wonderful memories with my children, who will be adults before I know it! One last add-on...I forgot my favorite cover-up on the boat and didn't realize it until we were cruising a day later...Kevin had it cleaned and at my front door before I even returned home! Great customer service! This is an excursion that can be enjoyed by CRUISERS and visitors to the island, alike! Don't miss it!

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

CrewZen offers one the best experiences on the island. Kevin is a great captain who makes sure that all the guests are having a wonderful experience. We went to a great snorkeling spot then to Willie T's and Joyst Van Dyke. I could not think of a better way to explore the BVI's from St.Thomas.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

We had 13 people between 2 boats ages 12 to 82. All had fun. Amazing! I am looking forward to a return trip.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

My boyfriend and another couple chartered CrewZen with Captain Kevin and it was the BEST day! Kevin took us to the BVI's where we island hopped around and spent lots of time hanging out on the beach. The boat is so awesome, lots of shaded seating and comfy bean bags in the front for lounging in the sun! He also has a refreshing fresh water shower rince so you don't have to be salty all day. Kevin is a fantastic captain! His laugh is infectious. We can't wait to go CrewZen' again!