Built on a steep hillside, the Frenchman's Cove is an unimaginative use of space. We stayed in a building on top. It takes three elevator rides to get to the pool and beach. As much as 14 stories. Our room was nice and the A/C worked well (you really need it), but it drops directly on pullout couch. The resort is still under construction. Can watch cruise ships go in and out from your room. The pool and beach at the Cove are nice. There is some nice shade on the beach. Snag one of the hammocks there.
Better to rent a car. Driving on the left is only confusing for a day.
Short walk to Frenchman's Reef hotel or morningstar, but the path is not as quaint as some say
Avoid Cokie beach. It is crowded tourist trap and has poor snorkling. Shop owners will direct you into the very limited parking but ask that you stop by their shop. Mailman is a shack with warnout bar and wiggly stools, but he is a character And the fish is fresh. Don't expect walls or tables. He does much of his business from the beach.
Sunset cove sits next to pool with view of beach. Fast but unfriendly service!
Morningstar is a great beach with plenty of chairs and shade. One of the longerstretches. Faces south. Pool has some nice shade and two falling water features. Hot tub was real hot! Restaurant in center of beach was nice but service was also faster than expected and rude.
Island food, even groceries, can be expensive, but this trip was 25% to 50% higher than Hawaii.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands