We are Marriott owner's in Panama City and always wanted to go to USVIs. We had a 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen. The kitchen has stainless appliances and granite countertops. King bed in master and 2 queens in spare bedroom. Each bedroom has it's own balcony. We had coffee each morning outside watching the daily cruise ships dock. Even though it wasn't our anniversary, I told the receptionist it was and see what she could do to give us fantastic room. She hooked us up on the top floor!
The pool is great for kids. Has a little water slide that was my 3 year son's favorite thing to do all trip. There are plenty of activities each day for kids put on by the Marriott. The pool restaurant, Sunset Cove, is expensive. But what do you expect from a Marriott?? Here's a tip--the pool bar charges $6 for Presidentes but the grocery market which is literally 15 feet away sells Presidentes for only $2!!! I went to the market, bought 4 Presidentes for $8, walked to the bar, and watched the World Cup saving $16. The food is just ok. The wings are small. The jerk wrap is spicey, which I liked.
Don't expect much help from the Marriott staff to recommend grocery stores. They told us to go to Gourmet Grocery which is the closet to the property-5min away. It was TERRIBLE!!!! It was gross. Do NOT go there. Either go to Kmart which is 5min from Gourmet Grocery or the Fruit Bowel which is across the street from Kmart.
I'd recommend renting a car. If you don't want to rent a car and you have little kids before you get into taxi ask the driver if he/she'll will be charging you for your kids. We didn't have a car one day and paid $30 to go to Iggie's. On the way back the driver didn't charge us for our 3 year old so it was $20. If you rent a car, get a Jeep. It's much more fun than a car and you definitely need it driving on the island and if you take the car ferry to St John.
Driving on the left side of the road is tricky. Especially most of the roads don't have lines on them. Also none of the streets have street signs like the States so be prepared for that.
I'd definitely recommend The Cove. It's beautiful, clean rooms, plenty of activities for the kids, close to shopping, and all the amenities of a Marriott property.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands