This Marriott property is very nice and the accomodations overall were excellent. That being said, anyone travelling here needs to know that St Thomas is a 3rd world country. Poor roads and road conditions, hairpin turns, flooding , mudslides, and overall
poor infastructure make this island nation a stressful and disappointing vacation destination.
We traded a Marriott Hilton Head timeshare week for a week here
and would never do it again here. Do Not Rent A Car here. Leave the driving to experienced taxi drivers if you must come because every outing will be stressful. No parking facilities downtown anywhere! Police are agressivee and hate tourists from USA that are unfamiliar with driving on the opposite side of the road.
I had travelled to St Thomas back in the 70s when this island had reached its peak. Today however, St Thomas is a tired , dirty and an old travel destination with rampant poverty, poor infastructure and unwelcoming residents.
The island of St Thomas had rejoyced when Marriott comitted to build this timeshare resort here and many hailed that decision as the rebirth of St Thomas. Never happened ! Marriott would have done better to build on Puerto Rico where that island has the infastructure that is lacking elseware in the carribean.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands