Went with some friends for the week in mid-July. The time-share itself was beautiful, but the facility itself was poorly situated. In order for me to get from my St. John's Villa (I asked for a top floor to get a better view of the ocean), I had to use 3 elevators to get to the pool/beach. As I found the time share pools and beach to be very crowded, we went to the beach at the hotel, but there was no beach as the hotel is set into the cliffside. (And their pools were crowded as well.) So we went to the beach at the Reef, and there we were veryhappy! Only problem was that the internal transportation shuttle bus system had a two-tiered system -- one for the time share only and another for the hotel and the Reef. It took on average 20 minutes to get the proper shuttle. The 3 restaurants on the property that we did visit were very good (we cancelled at Blue Havana). We did eat locally at some nice restaurants: Mim's, Pesce, and the best place of all, Oceana -- this place is a must! It is pricey, but well worth it. The food was exceptional, and the view was spectacular! The Cellar was a 'New York wanna be' that didn't make it. And while we missed the show at Iggy's, we had fun despite our late arrival. I would skip the trip to St. Thomas, and would find another snorkeling trip beside The Cat. The trip was for 3 hours, but they only served you after the second hour. And while the house punch thereafter was flowing, there wasn't sufficient fruit or chips for the entire boatload of passengers. And the staff really was not all that nice, truth be told. I've been on over 25 catamaran excursions, and this was really the pits.
The shuttle and villa location issues did really take away from the vacation. But their staff was very, very nice, and the room very pretty, hence the mixed feelings. All told, I think I'd go back to St. Kitts or Aruba.........
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Marriott so you can book your Marriott's Frenchman's Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Frenchman`s Cove Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Hotel Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Marriotts Frenchmans Cove
- Marriott's Frenchman's Cove St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands